Music Files Not Visible or Playable

I have some FLAC encoded music files that I want to be able to play on my 2GB Clip.

FLAC isn’t supported by Windows Media Player, or at least WMP doesn’t recognise and list the FLAC encoded files.

This means that I can’t sync the FLAC files to my Clip using WMP.

I’ve switched the USB mode on the clip from MTP to MSC and the Clip is recognised and accessible in Windows Explorer using XP Pro.

Next I copied the FLAC files to a sub-folder in the ‘Albums’ folder on the Clip.

I can see the files on the Clip in Explorer.

When I disconnect the Clip and try to play the files they aren’t listed.

Any ideas or suggestions please?

WMP requires a Plugin for Flac… I think its is on Windows’ website. As for your disappearing songs, try changing the tags to that the album matches that folder you tried to add them to, and then re add them just as general tracks in your music folder, not in the Album spesific folder.

Thanks for the very quick reply.

I’ll search for the WMP FLAC plug in.

I don’t understand what you mean by “try changing the tags to that the album matches that folder you tried to add them to, and then re add them just as general tracks in your music folder, not in the Album spesific folder”.

What tags, how do i create or find these?

Thanks

Google Flac Tag Editor. Id3Tags are the way most of the newer sansa products tell your track information. Song name artist or what ever. Then plug your player in and use windows to delete the files. Then Just go into the song list, and re add the files in that folder. If you Tags match the album you want to add the files too your player should do it for you.

Make sure you’re Clip firmware is up to date as only the latest firmware supports FLAC.

Anyone using FLAC or Ogg Vorbis would be much better served by Winamp or MediaMonkey than WMP.  It’s possible to get it working in WMP, but it’s a PITA. 

Winamp has excellent native FLAC/Ogg support and blows away WMP anyway.