Music deleting on its own?

If I sync some music on my fuze, can I delete it off of my computer afterwards? This won’t make my songs disappear on my fuze next time I try to sync something will it? I think it might have already happened once…I went from 52 to 17!

Please!!! I will be very grateful for an answer. It’s Christmas after all!!!

What OS and software are you using to sync?

@sansablue wrote:
If I sync some music on my fuze, can I delete it off of my computer afterwards? This won’t make my songs disappear on my fuze next time I try to sync something will it? I think it might have already happened once…I went from 52 to 17!

Sorry, but with the flood of X-mas posters it takes a while to get through them all.

Yes, if you ‘sync’ and then remove or delete the songs from your computer; the next time you plug in your player, Windows Media Player will see that things don’t jive. And since its goal in life is to ‘sync’ your player to your computer (not the other way around), if it does not see the same things in both places, it will delete those missing songs from your player, fulfilling its destiny.

I prefer to leave WMP out of the equation altogether and just manually drag & drop files from my computer to my player. Then once they’re there, if you want to free up space on your hard drive, no worries. And if you’re going to do this, you might as well switch to MSC mode on your player. Much easier, less connection problems, etc. MTP is only needed for managing aka ‘syncing’ with WMP. The Auto-Defect setting, as I like to call it also goes to MTP if possible, so just set it for MSC.

This can be switched in SETTINGS > SYSTEMS SETTINGS > USB MODE. :smiley: