Annoying problem!

Hello folks,

I am using windows media player to sync all my music to my fuze. the hard drive on my computer is just about full, so to create space I deleted some music albums from my computer, ones that I had already syncd onto my fuze. annoyingly, when I sync new albums to my fuze, it decides to remove the albums that I have deleted from windows media player. This is really annoying. I have turned off ‘start sync when device connects’ on media player, but how do I stop it from deleting albums that aren’t on windows media player from my fuze? cheers.

Message Edited by rythmking24 on 01-24-2009 12:05 PM

Sounds like it is still trying to Autosync. Did you try these steps?

Plug the player into the computer (If you get an autostart menu just close it), Open WMP then go to the Sync Tab, and click the little arrow below it, then go down on the list to your fuze, a fly out menu will pop up and in that menu you go down to Set Up Sync, and a window called Device Setup will open, At the top left corner, there is a check box that says Sync this device automatically, make sure this is unchecked.If you get a menu when you plug it in, that has to options that wants to know if you want to leave you music on, or delete it and make room for new files, make sure the Leave music on my device option is clicked. You need to be sure Auto Sync is off, and that WMp is not deleting you music so you can add more.

This is the very reason why I don’t mess with WMP, MTP mode and/or ‘syncing’!

MSC will set you free!

YOU are the master and the technology is the slave . . . not the other way 'round. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

This is the very reason why I don’t mess with WMP, MTP mode and/or ‘syncing’!

MSC will set you free!

YOU are the master and the technology is the slave . . . not the other way 'round. :wink:

Tape… you always say that… I got one for you: MTP is Great for ME. I wont touch MSC, Why would I WMP has all my music in it already, I use it and MTP and All is well.

Awsome! that has worked, so thanks a lot mate. i was becoming quite annoyed with my fuze, but now i think it’s good again :)… at least until i encounter the next problem.

I have to agree with you on this aswell. i was using MSC with media player and it wasn’t transferring any of the album cover art or any of the song ratings. i switched to MTP… problem solved. good job too, because i was face with the prospect of having to manually add album art to about 100 albums. needless to say, that would have taken a long time.