MTP mode playlist creation, an idiots guide(no WMP or 3rd party apps needed)

I posted this on another forum decided that it may help you all as well, tho i hate this forum software, whats with the need to shift+enter to go to next line?

once the play lists made(the file with that green arrow) you just click it and can edit the play lists order and content if u wish.

I have seen alot of people ask about how to do this with MTP devices/devices in MTP mode without opening WMP or other programs up, figuared sharing a screenshot would be helpfull’

this is of my fuze, but the YP-U3/YP-T10/p2/p3 and other MTP devices work the same way, its VERY easy.

find the files/folders you want to make play lists for, highlight/slect them> rclick>create playlist>rename new play list.

you can edit the play list by clicking it, a window like below will come up allowing you to add/remove/reorder play list items.

no WMP, no MediaMonkey, No winamp, no 3rd party software at all.

for the SD card its best to use m3u lists stored in the root of the card after letting the sansa setup the folder structure of the device for you, .pla playlists dont seem to work as well on the microsd cards.

and yes, this works for audio books as well, not just music :) 

I will surely try this but would this work on any version of the firmware or it should be updated?

should work on any MTP firmware on any normal MTP player you have, the ZUNE for example isnt an MTP player but MTPz(requiers secure encryped hand shake)

works on all my players i currently have, under XP you may need to update WMP as the driver for PROPER mtp access may need updated on your system and thats the easiest way(u can do it other ways but why bother?)  vista and up, its part of the os not WMP(even works with 2008 without wmp installed at all) 

@azuresky wrote:

for the SD card its best to use m3u lists stored in the root of the card after letting the sansa setup the folder structure of the device for you, .pla playlists dont seem to work as well on the microsd cards.

Why store playlists on the micro-sd card? They work just as well if you store them on the internal storage.

D.

mainly because .pla lists seem to get all messed up at times (when refreshing the db after adding content) m3u’s dont have that problem BUT they are a bit picky about where u store them in my experiance with the card, at least if you use MTP mode to manage your device.

also, if you use an external drive/device to manage your microsd cards as i do(i have a few older 1 and 2gb cards) its easier to use a usb or card reader to manage them, then you can just drag and drop to proper folders, and use winamp or the like to make the play lists.

but the problem here is if they m3u lists arent in the root of the card, IT WONT READ THEM or WONT READ THEM properly at least for audio books, once you move the lists to the root of the card, bam it works flawlessly.