MP4, SMC question(s)

I recently bought a 4gb Sansa Fuze, and it’s giving me a lot of trouble.

I’ve bought music from iTunes, but I can’t convert it to an mp3 format that’s compatible with the Fuze. I read that I could convert it by downloading Sansa Media Converter. I downloaded it, but when I hit the “Add Media” button, all of the mp4 files are invisible, even when the “Files of Type” is set to “Media Files[all types].” I’ve read through the help section in the SMC, and it says something about a box popping up that will prompt me to register the Fuze online. I haven’t been prompted to do that yet, so the product is unregistered and I don’t know quite how to “manually” register it.

I’m not very tech savvy, so this is kind of frustrating.

Is there really a way to convert mp4 media files to mp3?

Do I need to register my Fuze in order to do it?

How do I register it since I’m not being prompted by the SMC?

@laurecaro wrote:

I recently bought a 4gb Sansa Fuze, and it’s giving me a lot of trouble.

I’ve bought music from iTunes, but I can’t convert it to an mp3 format that’s compatible with the Fuze. I read that I could convert it by downloading Sansa Media Converter. I downloaded it, but when I hit the “Add Media” button, all of the mp4 files are invisible, even when the “Files of Type” is set to “Media Files[all types].” I’ve read through the help section in the SMC, and it says something about a box popping up that will prompt me to register the Fuze online. I haven’t been prompted to do that yet, so the product is unregistered and I don’t know quite how to “manually” register it.

I’m not very tech savvy, so this is kind of frustrating.

Is there really a way to convert mp4 media files to mp3?

Do I need to register my Fuze in order to do it?

How do I register it since I’m not being prompted by the SMC?

“I’ve bought music from iTunes, but I can’t convert it to an mp3 format that’s compatible with the Fuze. I read that I could convert it by downloading Sansa Media Converter.”

_ Nope. SMC is for Videos and Pictures. The best thing you can do is to burn your Itunes purchaced files to CD and Then Use Windows media or Winamp or Media Monkey to rip the files from the CDs into Mp3 format.  _

_ I have 5 sansa players now, I have registered only 2 because I needed to contact support. SMC has never asked me to register my fuze online. The manual may be a bit out of date so some things may not exist anymore. _

Thanks for your help, I’ll try that.

I think the issue of if the MP4’s from ITunes will work on the Fuze depends on the version of the firmware.

I upgraded to the newest firmware, then hunted down my ITunes account where I had ripped my CD’s and found they were in M4A format, while video was M4V and purchasedmusic was M4P.

Fuze accepted the M4A files perfectly, but it does not embed album art into the file (annoyingly).

But if that doesn’t work, Conversionbox’s solution of burning to disc and then ripping them does work, just a little long winded.