MP3s playing slooooooow on Clip 4 Gb

I just purchase a second Sansa Clip 4 Gb and now I’m regretting it because–

Here’s the situation. I ripped 6 songs from the same CD during the same session. When the MP3s are played in Windows Media Player, they play fine. However, when I play them on my Clip, 4 of them play extremely slow, 33 RPM if any of you know what that is. But 2 of them play fine.

This was a problem on my first Clip and is still a problem with the same files on my new Clip.

Any hints? Thanks.

CJ

Try a soft reset (on switch held up for 15-20 seconds); a reapplication of the latest firmware (sticky thread at the top of the forum); and/or a reformat, if the previous don’t help (on the Clip, Settings/Format)?

Thanks for your advice. This is a brand new Clip. I don’t understand why reformat might be necessary. (Takes a long time to upload 800 songs!)

Soft reset doesn’t help – tried that. Will update the firmware.

CJ

Se sure to update your media player installation.  Go to Help > Check For Updates and upgrade your player.

Typically, Windows Media Player builds correct ID3 tags (the format and type are correct for the Sansa), but some encoders will set bits that cause issues with the Sansa, resulting in sloooooow playback.  I’m trying to recall, it was a CRC or error-checking issue with an encoder…

Also, be sure about your bit rate and type information in the “rip” settings.  The Clip does not like wma pro.

µsansa

@ceejay wrote:

Thanks for your advice. This is a brand new Clip. I don’t understand why reformat might be necessary. (Takes a long time to upload 800 songs!)

Yep–that’s why I suggested a reformat last.  Reformatting seems to be a mysterious solution that sometimes works (but, of course, it erases your Clip’s content).