Sansa Clip reads the music slightly faster than normal

I just discovered a problem with the Sansa Clip (4GB), but whether it is due to firmware version 1.01.32F or the device itself.

In fact, I discovered that it reads the files (I only tested MP3 CBR, VBR, on different frequencies) slightly faster than normal … :dizzy_face:

It really is very light but quite noticeable on some fast music.

To be sure, I started at the same time on 3 different players (Winamp, Ipod, Creative), the same mp3 and it is only about ten seconds, the difference becomes obvious … The Sansa Clip takes the lead on the others !!! :neutral_face:

• Is it that others can confirm this by testing ?
  • Someone would have an answer to this problem or it would be the firmware that needs to be corrected ?
  • Should I contact technical support ?

Thank you for your responses.

PS : I hope the translation wasn’t too wrong, because I’m not English :wink:

Improper speed of music playing on the Clip is a well-documented problem.

Strange though that your music is playing too fast.  Are your files encoded at 48 KHz?

THere have been several reports of playing 0.7% high/fast with regular (44.1) fles, including mine.  I haven’t tried 48 yet.

There’s been a response that Sansa has improved the speed accuracy with a firmware change, hopefully it will be in the next release.

Message Edited by donp on 03-05-2009 11:10 AM

I did not dream :smileyvery-happy:

I have not tried yet with 48Hz.
I use files 44.1Hz, 128kbps.

We must therefore expect a fix in a future firmware.

Thank you for your responses.

@donp wrote:

THere have been several reports of playing 0.7% high/fast with regular (44.1) fles, including mine.  I haven’t tried 48 yet.

There’s been a response that Sansa has improved the speed accuracy with a firmware change, hopefully it will be in the next release.

Message Edited by donp on 03-05-2009 11:10 AM

Hmm, strange.  Mine plays too slowly when playing back 44.1 files.

let’s hope it’ll be fixed for all the machines.

Message Edited by KHlyon on 05-03-2009 07:59 PM