MP3 plays at 10% speed...?

Hey All,

Been listening to an album and 1 track plays extremely slowly - probably about only at 10% of the speed it should, yeah - a 90% slowdown.

I have no idea why this happens as the rest of the tracks in that album play fine - AND it plays fine on my PC and on WinAmp.

This is so wierd that is only happens on the Sansa Clip.

The MP3 looks fine - has the right amount of frames, is at 160kbs (etc) and all figures tie in with the rest of album…

Anyone got any ideas please folks?

Cheers

pinkfloydian

Is the Genre of the mp3 set to Audiobook?   or is the mp3 in the audiobook folder?     There is an option under audiobooks for playback speed of Slow, Normal, Fast.    It is the only thing that I could think of.   Also I assume your firmware it the current version, if not check it.

Cheers

The Sansa Clip and Fuze share the same processor.  This issue may be related to a find from a few months ago, with the Fuze.

Browse through this thread, starting with the highlighted post.  Perhaps you have a similar issue.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Cheers nico,

All is fine, latest firemware, MP3 in music folder etc etc.

neutron,

Thanks for the link, it was interesting reading although I cannot find anything at all wrong with this particular MP3 file.

I have only had my Clip for 3 days and so am testing at the moment but after uploading about 10 albums can confirm that I have only experienced 1 file that played slow… so thats acceptable for me for now.

Cheers!

pinkfloydian

Have seen this with some MP3s, in some players they run at a much slower speed, depsite file size and properties being correct. I first picked this up when I tried to trim one of them, and it loaded saying it was several times longer that it should have been. Can only assume its something in the header got corrupted (maybe AV or disc problems on PC). Does the track time show up as much longer than it should be?

The only way I’ve been able to fix it was to load the file it into an audio editor and to do a scale-factor edit, and then save it. You have to figure out the scale factor by dividing the correct length by the reported length.

Of course the easiest way is just re-rip or re-download the file.