Media Converter Windows Error

I have purchased a Sansa Fuze 8 gb player and installed the latest versions of your software from your website (Version 1.0 B004.236CDG for media Converter). My computer is a Dell XPS m1210 laptop running Windows XP SP2.

Media Converter will load my videos using “Add Media” and play without problem. When I click the Convert button the conversion dialog box appears, but then I get an error message every single time. I have tried over a dozen videos of all different types (AVI, WMV, MPG, MP4) from multiple different sources - all with the same result.

The Windows error message says:

“Sansa Media Converter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.”

When I click on “To see what data this error report contains”, I get the following details (exactly the same each time):

“AppName: sansa media converter.exe  AppVer: 0.0.0.0  ModName: dsread.dll
ModVer: 3.2.0.0  Offset: 0000af64”

Then, when I close the error dialog box, the following message occurs:

“Sansa Media Converter,exe - Application Error
The instruction at “0x73dd11c7” referenced memory at “0x00000004”. The memory could not be “read”.”

Can anyone help?

i am getting the exact same thing but with my sansa.view 8gig player with the media converter too

The main problem is Sansa bundled SMC with a currupt h264enc_r.dll. 

First goto: http://www.down-dll.com/index.html?frameA=dll_H download “h264enc_r.dll”

Second: Copy downloaded h264enc_r.dll on your computer to:

-C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Common\Bin

and

-C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Media Converter 2

Works but I gotta warn you…SMC is a resource hog and the conversion takes a loooooooo…oooong time.  Sansa really needs to take some time out and re-design.  Now if I could just get the updater to work.  Thanks to all in this forum, really makes owning my View bareable.