Maximum volume too low

Stating a fact against the law ? I don’t think so.

At least there is a way around this. Anybody who works for SanDisk is verbotten to say anythinig about this work-around, but at least it exists. Some brands of players do not have the option.

@steveuk wrote:

Stating a fact against the law ? I don’t think so.

The EU would probably frown upon Sandisk telling people to how to circumvent them. No idea if thats actually illegal, but I bet they could be fined for helping people bypass the limit.

Yep–the reason why official SanDisk folk are so silent on this issue here . . . .

Thank Tapeworm   so much for this reply, I got mine today, loved the quality and features but was very unhappy about lack of volume, I reset as you said, wow…it’s now perfect…

Regards…baden

Thank you so much!!! I couldnt listen to it in the car Aux as the hiss was so bad (because i had to turn the car up)!!!

Really? The low maximum volume is dictated by European regulation?
Silly. What’s next? Put specs on the maximum curvature of bananas? Grrr …

I immediately went and reset to ‘Rest of the World’. It works! Thanks for posting this solution!

Well, as much as I might agree, there is a reason for the legislation–to protect hearing, especially that of children.  The law is not illogical–just very paternalistic.

@miikerman wrote:

The law is not illogical…

Well, in a certain way it is illogical. Insofar as the sensitivity of different head-/earphones varies considerably. So it’s (at least theoretically) possible to get ear-bleading levels even with the european limitation, but more likely to be limited to unsatisfactorily low levels far below any harmfulness with a lot of high-quality headphones. IMO it’s simply a dumb law worthy of being violated.

My only point was, the legislation wasn’t put in place just for the heck of it and at randon; rather, there was a reason (and even a good one).  But I certainly agree that the many variables can make the legislation ineffective or a defeating hindrance.

Hey, I didn’t mean to offend you, Miikerman! It’s just a subject that I get a bit emotional about. Of course the intention behind the legislation is good, but the result is a brainless paternalism suitable to spoil the fun with (absolutely responsible) listening to music, which for many people may be even more than a hobby. In fact it even has the potential to provoke hearing damage in that it forces the use of «loud» earphones for compensating the limitation. And cheap high-sensitivity earphones are prone to resonances, which means that certain frequencies are much louder than the perceived general loudness level.

@jazz wrote:

Of course the intention behind the legislation is good, but the result is a brainless paternalism suitable to spoil the fun . . .

This could be said of just about anything any government sticks their nose into. http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/3/38/Nods.gif

@jazz wrote:

Hey, I didn’t mean to offend you, Miikerman! It’s just a subject that I get a bit emotional about. Of course the intention behind the legislation is good, but the result is a brainless paternalism suitable to spoil the fun with (absolutely responsible) listening to music, which for many people may be even more than a hobby. In fact it even has the potential to provoke hearing damage in that it forces the use of «loud» earphones for compensating the limitation. And cheap high-sensitivity earphones are prone to resonances, which means that certain frequencies are much louder than the perceived general loudness level.

No offense taken, and I understand.  But I do think about busy parents with kids, and the law as a way to try to help protect their children’s hearing.

The problem with trying to limit the volume is that the player doesn’t know which headphones or earphones are attached. Do they measure maximum volume with the included earphones? If so, then they could include inefficient earphones with the player, so that it would give decent volume for those in the EU. 

Ideally the player should have a program that requests the user to place the headphone or earphone against the player mic, so it could calibrate the max volume for the attached earphones or headphones attached. I don’t know how well this would work in practice though.

Now, that’s an interesting idea!  Although, perhaps too much to expect from a small DAP (I don’t know)?

Hi, Could  you please guide me  in re-instaling the firmware to bypass the low volume restrictions?

I have tried re-instalig firmware 3 times and its still not updated.

I have formated the player as well.

Still I can not go back to regional settings. Im truly desperate :frowning:

I had the same problem with the OEM earbuds losing volume over time. I replaced them with a nice pair from wally world. Problem fixed. The OEM seems to lose flesability after time and the response lowers the volume. the new ones almost blew my ears off :stuck_out_tongue:

Follow the steps to increase the volume output of your Sansa player:

Clip Jam

1. Reset the Sansa player to factory settings: Settings > System Settings > Restore
  2. Set the region as Rest of World.
  3. Change volume setting to High: Settings > System Settings > Volume > High

Clip Sport
1. Reset the Sansa player to factory settings: Settings > System Settings > Restore

Clip Zip

Clip+ / Fuze
1. Reset the Sansa player to factory settings Settings > System Settings > Reset Factory Settings
3. Change volume setting to High: Settings > System Settings > Volume > High

Clip

1. Reset the Sansa player to factory settings: SettingsReset All  
  3. Change volume setting to High: Settings > Volume > High

Fuze+

1. Reset the Sansa player to factory settings: Settings > Restore
  3. Change volume setting to High: Settings > Volume Level  > High