m250 suddenly not connecting to PC

I have a Sansa m250 for several months, all went well until now. Suddenly it does not connect to my PC… It is stuck on “USB Reading Data - MTP” for a couple of minutes and eventually I get an error on the PC. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver from the [PC] Device Manager, but the same behavior remains.

HELP?

Sometimes it helps to un-install (not just disable) the driver in Device Manager, then re-boot your computer. After youy re-start your computer, now plug in your player. Windows should then load the appropriate driver and all should be well.

Remember, you must have Windows Media Player 10 or newer. There versions have the driver(s) you need for MTP connectivity. WMP 9 and older doesn’t have them.

Alternatively, you can switch to MSC mode, but this would mean you would have to delete everything from your player and re-transfer back in MSC mode. Otherwise, you’re not going to be able to see or access the files originally loaded in MTP.

Thanks.

The only thing that seemed to help is switching to MSC mode (whatever that is). Luckily I didn’t lose any files.

Bud7 wrote:

Thanks.

The only thing that seemed to help is switching to MSC mode (whatever that is). Luckily I didn’t lose any files.

No, but you won’t be able to see or access them on your computer if they were loaded in MTP. That’s why I said you’ll have to delete (in this case, format) and re-transfer them all back in MSC mode.