m230 doesn't respond

I have a relatively new m230. I can’t reformat it, delete any songs on it, or add any songs to it. However, it plays the files which it already has. I’ve tried various computer and MTP & MSC. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Have you studied the instruction videos?

Click Here

More Click Here

What computer system do you have,etc?

I am having exactly the same problem. I’ve had the player for a year or two now, and I’ve had these songs on the player for a while. Any compuer will only register the music files as placeholder files… It recognizes that something is there, but gives me no information about it (name, size, etc.). I can’t delete the files nor do I have access to them in any way, and reformatting the player (if it’s working at all) doesn’t delete the files. This is all in MTP mode since I don’t know how to switch to MSC mode. I’ve used two computers with the same result, one with Windows XP and one with Windows Vista. I can still play the songs on the MP3 player normally, but I can’t use the device with the computer in any way (I haven’t tried adding songs since I have no space to add them, which is why I need to delete songs).

I’ve looked through the instructional videos, but only shows me what I’ve already done. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I finally called Sandisk about the problem. The tech support lady had despicable English and treated me like an ■■■■■, but eventually we got to the point where she gave me an RMA.  From then on, Sandisk was wonderful.  I sent in my m230 and they sent a brand new replacement, with no further questions.  They seem really, really good about returns.  Try it if necessary.:smiley:

Sandisk tends to be really good with returns,

I had an m230 that just flat out wouldn’t start up.

I got on the web chat thing with an RMA agent and they

“quick like a rabbit”

sent me a new one.