Low Battery USB Device Not Recognized

OOOOOOOOOhooohoo this is a doozy. First off, we lost our only charger- one for the device->pc a while back. My brother, in desperation, used his Fuze until it was out of power in fear that he would never get back his charger. Then we did find it. We tried to reconnect the fuze to our desktop and our laptops- both say USB Device not recognized. We switched all the modes- Auto detect, MSP and MTB or whatever the letters are. None work. We do not want to reformat the player- we have a full 8gb, and we don’t want to search again. So, any idea how to solve this one? If we need a wall charger, where can we get one cheap?

I had this exact same issue over the weekend.  It appeared to be caused by the battery running out.  I though I had 50% charge remaining, but an hour into listening the unit simply turned off and wouldn’t turn back on.  I charged it with an ac power adapter and a USB cable, but it wouldn’t turn on.  I was very upset and thought I was going to have to purchase a new mp3 player.  Well, today I thought I’d try and reset it again by holding the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  To my amazement it turned on, the battery showed red even though it had been charged for several hours.  It is continuing to work since and is charging.

That doesn’t really help, because it says that the comp can’t recognize my device… so even if I do get it working with power, I need to get over that hurdle. Any ideas?

Have you tried any of these? http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42/session/L3NpZC9UdFNtVDItag%3D%3D/sno/0

Or, tried a soft reset?

Message Edited by parker on 05-24-2010 11:36 PM

I’ve tried MSC, MTP and autodetect. I’ve tried on 3 computers. None worked. I’m not sure what to do now…