Lost 3gb on micro SD HC

I just got a 4gb micro sd hc for my sansa connect i added some music onto the micro sd with the windows media player 10. When i was done i disconected the micro sd to see if it worked on my sansa E250 and it didnt show up on the e250 so i took the sd card off the sansa e250 and put it back on the sansa connect. Everything is still fine then i decided to format the micro SD and i go to MY Computer and format the micro SD. The next time i check to see how much space is on the SD i notice that it says that the total space is 0.99GB. What happened to the other 3GB’s ? Is there anyway to fix this ?

Someone please help.

Message Edited by LDR on 05-30-2008 09:36 PM

Where did u buy the card?  Sounds like its a fake.

Was this card bought online? If so, was it from an authorized distributer or a person that you bought it from?

I bought the card on ebay. Its a 4GB Sandisk Micro SDHC crad with the adapter. It was a company selling them on ebay and on the ebay page it said that if the card has any problems to contact them. I sent them an email and im still waiting to see what they say.

Well, good luck my friend,

Ive seen alot of deals go sour off Amazon and ebay.

@ldr wrote:

I just got a 4gb micro sd hc for my sansa connect i added some music onto the micro sd with the windows media player 10. When i was done i disconected the micro sd to see if it worked on my sansa E250 and it didnt show up on the e250 so i took the sd card off the sansa e250 and put it back on the sansa connect. Everything is still fine then i decided to format the micro SD and i go to MY Computer and format the micro SD. The next time i check to see how much space is on the SD i notice that it says that the total space is 0.99GB. What happened to the other 3GB’s ? Is there anyway to fix this ?

Someone please help.

Message Edited by LDR on 05-30-2008 09:36 PM

LDR, you can try to use an external mircoSD card reader and format it under FAT32. This should bring your 4gb back to its original capasity. Hope this help.

I just got the 4 GB’s back using a usb external micro sd card reader, I guess that formating the micro sd card using the sansa isn’t a good idea. Thanks for the help.:smileyvery-happy:

I just have one more question. Does anyone have a 4GB’s Micro SDHC on their Sansa Connect? because on the sandisk website it says that the Sansa Connect can only support up to 2GB’s on a micro sd card.

Message Edited by LDR on 06-04-2008 09:31 AM

Message Edited by LDR on 06-04-2008 09:31 AM

Message Edited by LDR on 06-04-2008 09:32 AM

I just have one more question does anyone know if the sansa connect supports up to 4GB micro sdHC because i was told that the Sansa connect only supports up to 2GB.

With the lates firmware the Connect does have SDHC abilities.   And for the Micro card, go into your Disk manager and look at the card.  It may have gotten partitioned. If so, just google up tools that can delete the 2 partitions and create 1 in the FAT32 file system and your back to good.

I personally like GPartEd, but thats just me.

Heres the best steps to get to your Disk Manager

• Start - Right Click on My Computer - Manage -

Once the Computer Management window comes up, On the list on the left Look for Disk Manager, Once you click on it, on the right alot of stuff may load, try to verify your MemCard and see if on the list on the bottom right if it shows a 1GB and 3GB partition, If so, you will need to do what is mentioned above. If not you got scammed on ebay and sold a 1GB card that was altered to read 4GB untill u formatted it.

The sansa connect can support up to 8GB mircoSD card.

Thanks i managed to get the 4 GB’s back.

Did you buy the memory from e-bargain?

Cause I’m having the same problem as you, or even worse.

My mem did not work at all cause has an I/O error.

I want to know what is the differece between micro sd and micro sc hd.

r you sure that works on sansa?

oh and you know what… it is from sandisk the memory with 4 gb

I bought the card on ebay and the difference from the Micro SD and the Micro SDHC is that the micro SDHC is high capacity so it has alot more space than the normal Micro SD. At first when I inserted the card the player worked fine so there is no problem with the player, my problem was that i formated the card wrong on my computer. When i got the external card reader and formated the card again it showed the 4gb’s back. Another thing is that as far as i know you need the latest firmware so that your player can read the card. The previos firmware could only support up to 2gb micro SD card but the latest firmware does work with the 4gb micro SDCH card from Sandisk because thats the one that I have.