I found 2 issues with my Sansa Clip 2Gb V01.01.30A - long files more than 40 minutes are not processed correctly.
Player just jump to next file during Fast Forwarding after 25 minute.
If I’ll pause player after 25 minute (for example at 31) and switch it off, than during next switching on player will jump to next file in the list.
Does anyone have same issues?
Here is file example: http://depositfiles.com/files/xgnn7m14u
Try re-formatting your Clip. I had some issues with my Clip skipping parts of audio books that were solved by re-formatting then upgrading the firmware. If you do this,you’ll have to replace all your data. Since I use mine only for books, it’s a non issue for me as I remove each book after listening. In fact, I re-format periodically to delete the old book after listening to it.
I’ve listened to books in excess of 50 hours regularly.
Thank you for advice. I’ll try to format my CLip, but it seems to me that it is firmware’s issue - I can’t remember that I had such problems before last firmware update.
Could anyone with same as mine firmware version try the file that I posted as example?
Welcome to the forum, Shamu.
I downloaded the file and I can confirm this behavior on my 2Gb Clip with the V01.01.30F firmware. The Clip seems to recognize it’s length as ~28m:30s, even though it’s actually a bit over 1 hour long. It’s impossible to seek beyond the 28:30 mark, but if left playing it will continue normally. This is probably a bug in the time length calculation. It also happened to me once with a previous firmware (the original .18 IIRC). Something in the file must be confusing the Clip I guess.
have the same problem with the fantragic podcast. you can use a program called winmp3packer.
the program is designed to convert vbr files to cbr and back but set the output files to vbr to keep the same file size. i have tested your file and it now reports the correct track lengh after proceesing
tk421 is right. I also re-encoded it with foobar2000 (using -V0 and -V6 quality) and the Clip sees it fine. Weird.
I don’t know if this is relevant, but here are the frame bitrate counts for the 3 files I tried:
I first thought it might have something to do with the low bitrates in the original, but the VBRs generated by foobar also have some low bitrates and they work fine… BTW, the file is MPEG v1 layer 3, 44100 Hz, mono.
tk421, thank you so much! Your solution really works for me