listening to audiobook

I have a new sansa fuze + and loaded audio books into the “AUDIOBOOK” folder.

After power on, it comes up as audiobook (Not PODCAST) but i can not find a list of titles and/or subfiles to select.

In audiobooks a title appears that was deleted via the computer (VISTA) and I can not find my list of titles.

The base menue shows all the categorys except PODCAST which is supposed to hold audiobooks.

Going thru the manual does not get me to the right location.

I have reformated and reset with no change.

Any help out there for a technology challenge senior?

I don’t know if I’m going to be much help here, but I’ll try.

The Fuze+ doesn’t show Podcast in the same way as it shows Music, Video, Photo,  Radio, Voice, Card and Settings. I’ve never actually used the Podcast feature, I assume it appears on the top level menu if you actually have a Podcast loaded in the Podcast folder - in the same way that books do.

In Settings on your Fuze+, select MSC under USB Mode.

Open up Windows Media Player and then plug in your Fuze+ and disable automatic synchronization, this is from the Media Player help file: 

Can I stop the Player from starting sync when I connect my device?

Yes. If your device syncs automatically, the Player starts sync every time you connect the device to a computer. You can turn this option off if you want to choose when sync starts by doing the following:

1. Click the arrow below the Sync tab, point to the device, and then click Advanced Options.

2. The properties dialog box for your device is displayed. In the Sync tab, clear the Start sync when device connects check box.

books should be free is a good site to get free audiobooks to experiment with. Click on your choice of book, then click on MP3 Downloads and when the Open/Save/Save As window pops up, select ‘Save As’ to save the zip file to your selected folder. When the zip file has finished downloading, unzip/extract the files and copy them to the Fuze+'s Podcast folder.