Line-out?

It looks like the Fuze uses the same connector as the View, so would the View A/V cable provide line-out audio?

I find it hard to believe that there’s no car stereo cable that provides USB (for power) and line-out.

Thanks! 

Yes its the same line out

@bdb wrote:

I find it hard to believe that there’s no car stereo cable that provides USB (for power) and line-out.

I agree.  I anyone ever finds one, please post it!

As for the car chargeer/line out, I did find this thing:

DLO TransDock micro for Sansa

It’s actually an FM transmitter with a Sansa cable, but the transmitter also has line in and out.  So you could use it just as a charger/line out and forget about the FM.  Unfortunately it rediculously expensive ($50-$60).

I guess it might be niceto use the line in with some other device, or even use the FM in someone else’s car (or in a rental).  But, man, $60 seems pretty steep.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone adapted anything to use from the Fuze’s dock to give a true line out for a portable headphone amplifier?  Something like the iPod LOD that people use on Head-Fi forums all the time?

Currently, the only option available for purchase is a dock (Griffin or Sansa).  However, if you have some soldering skills you can make a line-out cable yourself.  See this recent thread:

DIY Line Out Cable - Works!

Some line out docks for sale on ebay here.

@soundguidance wrote:
Some line out docks for sale on ebay here.

Very cool cables and LODs, but man they’re expensive.  I realize they are hand made with quality materials, but jeez.

It’s incredibly frustrating that Sandisk doesn’t offer anything like this themselves.  Annoying to have to put up with a proprietary connector and have essentailly zero line-out accessories that take advantage of it.  They either need to step up and offer more accesories themselves, or just go back to standard USB on future players.