Language

I just got my Sansa Clip, my menu seems to be in arabic !!! How do I get english, I have tried to reset, doesn’t seem to work, still foreign language…I have been able to download music, when I see the headset icon, I can play music…My only problem is I can’t get english to appear on the menu…Please help !!!

Been there, done that.  :wink:

From the music/headphones icon, press down 3x (to get to settings); right 1x (to enter settings); down to the bottom of the list of settings until only 2 lines appear, and then, from that second line down, down 4x more (to get to the language choice); right 1x (to enter the languages setting); down to the bottom of the list of languages until only a single language/line of text shows, and then down 1x more (to get to the English choice); right x1 (to choose English). 

I hope that does it!  If not, let us know; it could be that your language list is different or that I miscounted somewhere.

Thank you-Thank you- Thank you…Your instructions worked !!! I now have English, I was just about to throw this little thing, it was getting so frustrating…

Well, you could have just learned Arabic.  ;)   Glad it worked.

OK

I am having the same problem with the language. Can you please help me. I tried the other instructions and did not work.

I don’t have my Clip in front of me right now to count the presses, but you also can re-run (or run for the first time) the latest firmware and it will re-set your player, I believe, to your language.

I don’t have my Clip in front of me right now to count the presses, but you also can re-run (or run for the first time) the latest firmware upgrade (see the sticky thread at the top of the forum to obtain it) and it will re-set your player, I believe, to your language.  

i tried following your instructions but i got lost when you said “only 2 lines appear” i dont understand

Every language I know of translates FM as FM. The FM Settings is right below Language.

So, once in Settings find FM. Language is the choice right above FM. Select that.

So now you still can’t read it. No worries. Click on the Up (Play) button. The langauge will change. Keep clicking until you find the language you want.