Just out of box and now what

the player has a sticker that says to install software on enclosed CD before connecting device to PC…but no CD in box.

“Quick Start Guide” says to sign up with yahoo Music at sandisk.com/sansaconnect....and I don’t see any link for that there.

I"m regretting this purchase all ready.

Anyone have any advice.

They put the sticker on all their players but you don’t need to install anything for the Connect to work.

You need WinXP/Vista with Windows Media player 10/11 and all updates to be able to transfer music from PC.
With a free Yahoo ID you can listen to most Launchcast stations through your wireless router.

If you want to be able to wirelessly download music from Yahoo!, skip songs in Launchcast, transfer licensed Yahoo! music from PC etc… you need to purchase a Yahoo! To Go subscription. You must be a US resident. There is a 30 day free trial offered from this page.

You’ll need to stay connected to a wireless network for about 15 minutes the first time you connect for the player to automatically install any new firmware updates (last one was in November which enabled video).
If you want to put video on the player, you’ll need to download the latest Sansa Media Converter from the Sansa website.

If your PC doesn’t see the Connect in Media Player/Yahoo Jukebox you’ll need to re-boot the Connect (not the same as putting to sleep). Hold the power button for about 10 seconds. It will say “going to sleep” at first but keep holding button. Then when it says “shutting down” you’re done. Press power button again to start player. I need to do this fairly often with my setup.

Below are the links to the resources and applications useful to Sansa Connect owners.

The new User Manual, FAQs and utilities are posted at www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1619.

The FAQs are very insightful and can jump start your experience with the Sansa Connect.

The Yahoo! Music Jukebox application and manuals can be downloaded at http://music.yahoo.com/jukebox.

I have rebooted my connect I have downloaded the available software my computer does not recognize the connect. I agree with Sue I regret buying this and will be taking this back to the store if this is not resolved. I cannot load music from my pc to my connect.

pioneer wrote:

I have rebooted my connect I have downloaded the available software my computer does not recognize the connect. I agree with Sue I regret buying this and will be taking this back to the store if this is not resolved. I cannot load music from my pc to my connect.

What firmware version is on your Connect?

Current version is ZAP: 1.1.1.50371r

I too was frustrated at first. I loaded the CD that was included, but that was crap. I could not Drag and Drop, the connect wasn’t recognized by the Media converter or Yahoo Music Jukebox, and I couldn’t transfer music to it either. (The WiFi did work however.) The biggest and first thing to do is to download theRecovery Tool, connect the Connect to your PC, and run it using the instructions . It takes about 10 - 15 mins. for it to run it. Make sure you have Windows Media player 11 installed. (I think the recovery tool does that). Once the recovery tool ran it’s course and the Connect rebooted, it was like all the Connect problems were gone. Video was added, YMJ, WMP 11, and Windows Explorer all recognized the Connect. Since then I was able to add videos, music, photos, stream Yahoo launchcast radio,etc. I’m not a subscrber to Yahoo music to go, but with the availability of mp3s out there, adding them is easy. Also use the free Any Video converter and go to Stage 6 for Divx clips. Rename your downloads as .avi files, convert them, ( conversion settings) then drag and drop them into your Sansa Connect> internal memory> video folder. The Connect has no problem recognizing and playing them. For simplicity’s sake I still use YMJ to add mp3s to the Connect. Hope this helps.