just completely stopped working

my Sansa clip just stopped working, won’t turn on, nothing.

any suggestions?

maybe the battery drained out…just plug in your computer and charge it

Same thing.
The Clip is over after 2 days.
Stop working with battery 100% full when connected on PC (MSC mode).
I can’t start the clip, power stay off and nothings appends when I connect it on PC.

This product is not strong at all…

Ok…so run it by me again

You have the device fully charged and you can see that the battery icon is full…meaning you can power on the device and browse through the menus and listen to music, correct?

However, when you plug in your computer, the device won’t connect?  Am I wrong or right?

If you can power on your device and playback but cannot connect to your PC, then there must be something you did wrong.  Either you did not plug in the cable hard enough, connect the device with bad USB port.

One more thing, do you have the latest firmware and do you use Windows XP or MAC OS?  All these little details would help in figuring out what’s going on with your device.

Im having the same problem. My clip was fully charged and working until I followed the steps to put it in MSC mode. As soon as I plugged it in to the computer (and following the steps) it shut off and I havent been able to turn it back on. Everytime i plug it back in the USB port, my computer recognizes E and F drives but I cant drag and drop anything into them. E says its not formatted and F says theres nothing there.
Im running Windows XP.

My clip just stopped in the middle of a song.  I thought that the battery had died…but it was fully charged.  I have tried plugging it into multiple USB ports and even using a different cable (because my mother has the same player but in a different color).  Nothing works.  I can’t even turn it on to reset it.

JSerna wrote:
Im having the same problem. My clip was fully charged and working until I followed the steps to put it in MSC mode. As soon as I plugged it in to the computer (and following the steps) it shut off and I havent been able to turn it back on. Everytime i plug it back in the USB port, my computer recognizes E and F drives but I cant drag and drop anything into them. E says its not formatted and F says theres nothing there.
Im running Windows XP.

When you plug in your Clip in MSC mode, TWO new drives appear?  That’s not right.  Only one should appear.

It’d help if you right click on each drive and select properties, then describe what you see on the displayed window.  Better yet, take screenshots of the properties window on each drive, and post them.

two drives ya say. if you see at the same time, go to device manager uninstall the one that isnt responsive, format the one  that asks for it.  unplug  and format from device  plug in  and update  unplug

Thanks for the suggestions… Ive tried them to no avail. All I get when I try to format the E drive is it says… Cannot Format disk and Drive E: , when I try the F drive… it says to Insert Disk in Drive F:

I tried uninstalling Drive F, and tried again, still no luck. Disconnected the device, re-connected it which then re-installed Drive F which says theres nothing there. I then uninstalled Drive E…and no luck. I dont know what else to do. I would take a screenshot of all of this, but quite frankly, I dont know how to do that. Any other ideas? Keep in mind, I still cant get my player to turn on.

Oh… Ive tried to drag and drop the firmware file into the root directory of the E drive and it says its not formatted…which I still cant seem to do. If it helps, I had previously formatted the clip when I still had it in MTP? mode and it was still working.

One thing to try is to uninstall all usb drivers from MyComputer->rightclick->Hardware->DeviceManager->USBControllers
and then restart the PC
After that, right click on these drivers to make sure they are updated

JSerna, please do this:

1. Open up My Computer

2. Select “View” from the menu bar, then “Details”

3. In My Computer, there should now be at least a Name column and a Type column.  Tell us exactly what you see in these columns for Drive E and Drive F.

"You have the device fully charged and you can see that the battery icon is full…meaning you can power on the device and browse through the menus and listen to music, correct?’

No, I can’t see anything, the clip is blocked “off”.
I know the battery is full because it was full when it was connected to my PC’s usb just before the “crash”.

“However, when you plug in your computer, the device won’t connect?  Am I wrong or right?”
Yes and it’s not amazing, the clip is “dead”.

“If you can power on your device and playback but cannot connect to your PC, then there must be something you did wrong.  Either you did not plug in the cable hard enough, connect the device with bad USB port.”
It was not the first connection.
I transfered several times mp3s on my clip before.

“One more thing, do you have the latest firmware and do you use Windows XP or MAC OS?  All these little details would help in figuring out what’s going on with your device.”
Yes, firmware updated 1.08 and windows XP.
I have many engines on usb, 1 webcam, 1 scanner, 1 printer, 1 camera, 2 usb disks with no problems.

Before the crash, sometimes the clip connect to the PC, sometimes not, I think MSC mode is bugged.

I will send back the product anyway, too much bug in this product (many problems with mp3 tags and no directory browsing)

Well my mp3 was charging and when i unplugged it, it just froze and so i left it until it turned off and whenever i try to turn it back on it just displays SANDISK and thats it. it won’t display a charge screen or anything. Any ideas of whats wrong with it??

hold button in off for 15 sec. see what happens…if you can get it to respond, turn on,  format from device… if not , plug into pc,  format from pc.  you might have to look in device manager and uninstall/reinstall… unplug… one combo or another will fix this… when it does respond, update FW …to me, it aint a big deal to format from pc… all the songs will copy fast enough…

Message Edited by amkoas on 01-11-2008 07:43 PM

PromisedPlanet,

Under “Devices with Removable Storage”, it lists   :
Removable Disk (E:)
Removable Disk (F:) 

and under type it says they are both  Removable Disks.

Ive tried uninstalling both drives, one at a time. I still cant get the E: drive to format. When I attempt to format the F: drive, it says there is no disk there, even though I can pull up it’s properties and it looks identical to the E: drive.

well, mine has the exact same problem. He said he was charging yesterday, then some time after I took it out it just stopped working, which I thought was quite strange since it should be fully charged.

Now it won’t react to being connected, either to USB or normal power supply *for which I bought a power-supply-to-usb-adapter*, and when it does, it claims to be fully charged and stop charging soon after that. And worst of all, it just won’t go “on” anymore >:/

Now I was very pleased with this player, right up untill yesterday. There’s only one other minor negative point, which is the aforementioned lack of Directory Browsing, which would be great, since then you’d be able to make what are effectively playlists a lot more easily. A category “mood” in addition to album, artist etc. would do the trick as well.

But if I can’t turn it on, I can’t acces my files. If I can’t turn it on, I can’t listen music. If I can’t turn it on, it’s completely useless. So please find out who’s responsible for this obvious fault *since many people experienced the same inefficiency* in your device, torture the **bleep** slowly untill he comes up with a solution, and then kill him anyway. You may replace “torture” with bring “bring coffee” and “kill” with “tickle under his feet” for all I care, I just want this piece of formerly terrific electronics to be terrific again. As of now, it sucks huge portions of ass, and since I’m not the only one here who has had the problem, I’d say it’s not OUR problem.

What should be done to fix it, without deleting the files that are allready on there?

Greetings from Deranged.

Did you try re-setting it (holding the power switch up for about 15 seconds)?

when you uninstall, its from device manager, right? if it shows there and has properties, it has to uninstall

A few things.

Have you done the Clip firmware update yet?
What partitions do you have formatted on your hard disk normally ie C:/, D:/ etc??
Do the removable devices go away when the clip is disconnected from your computer? 
Do you have any other removable devices plugged into your computer?
Did you try to connect the Clip to another PC and see if it works?
What operating system are you using?

try going to right click on my computer >properties> hardware> USB Controllers and do you see any red x’s or checkmarks? However I don’t think the USB drivers are the issue or you would most likely not see the drives at all.

If not I would try and do a reformat of your Clip and then try again with the MTP/MSC mode in AUTO.

If none of this works you better look for the receipt…:slight_smile:

Looks like I should have read all the previous posts most of my questions have been regurgitated already…my apologies. good luck!

Message Edited by hy_tek on 01-15-2008 12:02 PM

After I uninstall the drives…and I plug the clip back into my PC, they (the drives) re-appear. I have not tried it on a different computer, but from the sounds of it, Im not the first to have this problem.

I haven’t been able to format since i put it in MSC mode, I did however, format from the device before I put it in MSC mode.

Im going to email the support desk and hopefully can get this resolved.