just completely stopped working

If you would post the response you get from tech support perhaps it will help others who are having this issue. Good Luck.

I am sad to report that after two weeks, I have not received a reply from any support folks at Sansa… I will try to call them, and after that, to the store I go.

what email address did you contact? and have you tried calling them? i find it hard to believe they dont answer the support line @ 866.sandisk

what e-mail address did you contact? I find it hard to believe that they didnt answer the support line @ 866.sandisk.

Just to follow up with this, I finally got a hold of sandisk tech support and determined that i had a faulty unit. I sent the product in and the did an even exchange. I have since received it and so far it works just great. Thanks everyone for suggestions and help.

yay for replaced players, nice to hear you got it addressed.

Hi, my sansa clip ALSO stopped working. Well when i plug it up to the computer with the USB cord it charges and if i plug it up to speakers it works and everything.

But when i unplug it from the computer it wont cut on at all so the only way i can listen to it is if it is hooked up to the computer… is there any way this can be fixed? because

i am going on a trip and i would like to have something to listen to.

Do you have the latest firmware? 

If you do and the device does not turn after charging for 3-4 hours, then you should probably return it before your trip.

Go Sansa!

how can i just return? i got it for christmas so i cant just return it to the store… you guys are really no help

i called technical support and they werent able to help me and one guy hung up in my face and u werent really no help either

Your player has a 1 year warranty (at least).  The player has not been out that long.  And so if it is broken, SanDisk will replace it (not the store). 

Sorry if you don’t think we’re being of help–most of us here are ordinary people “just like you,” just trying to help others out, and we are not SanDisk (and you’re not paying us to help you …).  Try SanDisk again, and speak calmly and politely and helpfully, and ask for a warranty replacement if the Clip is broken and they can’t help you out.  SanDisk often is helpful …

I performed the hard reset by holding the power button for 15 seconds and clicked on the middle set button simultaneously. I got lucky and power turned on. Woo Hoo!

Mine died yesterday.  It just kept playing and wouldn’t turn off.  I plugged it into the usb port this morning on my computer and NOTHING.  This is the third clip I’ve had that has died.  Time to switch to an iPOD.  What a piece of ■■■■!

jamesmhansen wrote:
Mine died yesterday.  It just kept playing and wouldn’t turn off

Performing a reset by holding the power switch up for 15 - 30 secs. will turn it off.

Unless it’s a hardware issue and broken inside.

jamesmhansen wrote:
Mine died yesterday.  It just kept playing and wouldn’t turn off.  I plugged it into the usb port this morning on my computer and NOTHING.  This is the third clip I’ve had that has died.  Time to switch to an iPOD.  What a piece of ■■■■!

Sad to hear–I haven’t had any issue of that type with mine.

Did you try the reset mentioned above?  Did you try calling SanDisk for (warranty replacement) assistance?  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  Support | Western Digital.

I had the same problem.  Mine shut off and would not turn back on, and plugging it in to charge it did nothing.  I did the reset by holding the power button in for over 30 seconds.  Then I pressed the power button several times repeatedly, and it came back on.

I fixed mine!

Mine did the same. It shut off in mid song for no apparent reason. It had nearly a full charge on it and it wasn’t bumped jarred or disturbed in any way.

I tried connecting it to a charger and then my PC. It appeared completely dead and the PC did not react to its presence in any manner whatsoever.

My thought was that a battery connection had broken loose or a complete battery failure. Since my player is out of warranty, I popped open the case (it is easy to do, the case just snaps together) to see if there was anything broken or loose.

Nothing appeared loose or broken, so I tried a test by quickly shorting across all three soldered battery connections on the circuit board and then trying to turn it back on using a small screwdriver to push the teeny, tiny On-Off switch.

It worked. The Clip+ came back on as if nothing had ever been wrong. I snapped the case together and hooked back up to my PC and all is well once again.

I don’t have a clue as to why what I did worked, but it did and I am happy with that result.

It would seem to me that Sandisk should look into this issue because I am quite sure it is not a user created problem.

Anyway, I can’t guarantee this will work for yours, but it did for mine.

Good luck!

Waxon wrote:

My thought was that a battery connection had broken loose or a complete battery failure. Since my player is out of warranty , I popped open the case (it is easy to do, the case just snaps together) to see if there was anything broken or loose.

Nothing appeared loose or broken, so I tried a test by quickly shorting across all three soldered battery connections on the circuit board and then trying to turn it back on using a small screwdriver to push the teeny, tiny On-Off switch.

It worked. The Clip+ came back on as if nothing had ever been wrong. I snapped the case together and hooked back up to my PC and all is well once again.

Wait a minute! You have a Clip+ and it’s out of warranty? Why? The model isn’t even a year old yet.

And by the way, you do know that this board is for the _ original Clip _, not the Clip+, right? :wink:

Waxon wrote:

My thought was that a battery connection had broken loose or a complete battery failure. Since my player is out of warranty , I popped open the case (it is easy to do, the case just snaps together) to see if there was anything broken or loose. . .

Wait a minute! You have a Clip+ and it’s out of warranty? Why? The model isn’t even a year old yet.

And by the way, you do know that this board is for the _ original Clip _, not the Clip+, right? :wink: