Is there anyway to print the list of songs?

I tried using “Print Folder” , and I tried just cut and paste. I caN see the mp3 files but I can’t pint then out.  The only thing I can think of is to print sceen and use irfanview.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

You can do it with the favorite (and most recommened) utility here, MP3Tag. Open up your entire Music folder in it and then go to File > Export. You can select the format of list (and configuration) you want and print it out.

Funny but, sometimes the simple things in life seem to be hard–this seems to be one of them … 

Microsoft seems to have recognized the need for a Print Directory Listing capability, which isn’t incorporated into Windows out of the box, and has posted a fix/hack for it with Windows versions; see the article linked below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321379

This really is a bit of a kludgy fix/hack for Windows (albeit from Microsoft itself), although it works just fine in a basic/DOS system sort of way–you literally can see Windows opening up a command prompt window and running a script, and opening up Notepad and copying the directory files listing there, then giving you a print window.  Kind of humorous that the big M didn’t consider the need for this print listing capability and simply build it into Windows over time.

Note that the Microsoft article will let you add the capability manually or through an automated Microsoft “fix-it” script that you download and run, that runs like installing a program.  The fix is not a simple one-step hack, and involves a registry hack.  Figuring that it was pretty safe, coming from Microsoft, I did the automated fix and it worked just fine (and no reboot was needed–a new Print Directory Listing simply appears when you right-click on a folder)–and I was happy to see that the hack creates a restore point at the beginning, if it might be needed.

@tapeworm wrote:

You can do it with the favorite (and most recommened) utility here, MP3Tag. Open up your entire Music folder in it and then go to File > Export. You can select the format of list (and configuration) you want and print it out.

Way cool listings and options–hadn’t used MP3Tag for that before.  Thanks!    :slight_smile:

(Note that it won’t work on non-music files:  I tried to see if I could print out generic Microsoft folder listings with MP3Tag, and couldn’t–still need the Microsoft hack for that.) 

Thanks for the tip! Thats what I need. MP3Tag generates a CSV file. Cool!