iOS14 and Media Drive

Does anyone else have this issue with the Media Drive? Since upgrading my phone and iPad, I can’t play videos off my Media Drive. Music and photos are fine, and a phone that has an earlier version of iOS still plays videos

2 Likes

I too have this problem and can’t find a solution.

1 Like

Yes same here. Has this been logged as an issue?

1 Like

Same problem. Is sandisk aware of this bug?

1 Like

I have logged this as an issue. Got the usual “reset the drive, update the firmware” response. No reply as yet since I confirmed that I have done those things

1 Like

I got an email stating they have no issues with ios14 and their product they ask me to update the firmware and it still doesn’t help. I see the files but when I pay video it doesn’t play just a black screen and the title of the file gets overlap with file I try to play.

1 Like

I too have this issue. The drive has the most up to date firmware. It works with iPad with ios13 and android but not iPad with ios14.

1 Like

Ever since I updated my ipad to iOS 14.1 my Sandisk app steadfastly refuses to display any content on my MediaDrive.

1 Like

Can you see the video yet? How to solve the problem?

Did anyone find a solution yet?

I’m also having this problem. Please note that by using an old iPad with iOS 10 the app does work fine and I’m able to watch videos. Not the same for my iPhone with iOS 14.2

I have same issue on my Sandisk media drive which is a great little device It works OK on ipads with IOS 9 and IOS 12, OK with an old Iphone IOS 12 and my PC
It will not work on Iphone SE or Iphone 11 with IOS 14 installed.
Spoke with Sandisk help line who were not aware of issues with IOS14 but would follow up.
Spoke with Apple who say it should be OK and they asked me to progress with Sandisk. They appeared to be genuinely interested to getting this resolved.
From my trials as indicated previously the problem is certainly with IOS 14

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue. Also I tired to dl the Sandisk Connect app on an older iPhone and it won’t install at all from the App store. Not sure if this issue is related.
EDIT: Finally got it to work on older iPhone and I can confirm that the app works FINE in iOs 12. Does not work at all on iOs 14 (current iPhone and iPad operating system).

I have the Sandisk Luxe. Works as a drive on PC (Win 10), Android Phone (Android 10), Imac (Big Sur) and Iphone 11 (IOS 14). However it cannot be “seen” by my Ipad Pro (IOS 14). Having gone through all Sandisk 7 troubleshoots, no progress. However on point 7 I tried firmware update on PC, but the IXpand updater cannot see the drive even though the computer file manager can. Before I send it back for a warranty replacement, it would be helpful if Sandidk and Apple had a chat to find out what is going on. All software versions are the latest as of 30 December 2020.

I am also experiencing this issue. I am using an iphone8 and running iOS14.4. The firmware on the media drive is the latest I am aware of (3.04). Photos and files are fine but the videos do not work. I just get a black screen with no playback. there is a play button and 15 sec forward/back buttons but they do not work.

is it possibly an iphone permission or setting that needs to be given? Is there any word from sandisk about a resolution?

strange how many people are facing this issue. Hope they fix this soon.

32GB Media Drive connected to iPhone 13 Pro using the original app. It would not play stored .mp4 video! After many attempts, I reset the media drive to factory settings and was about to give up! HOWEVER, I found a solution:

1. Turn on the Media Drive
  2. Connect PC or MAC to the media drive’s WI-FI network
  3. Open the network “Properties” and locate the IP address associated with IPv4 DNS Servers
  4. I use the IOS app “File Explorer Pro” to create an FTP entry
  5. Enter a display name of your choice
  6. Enter the IP address in the “Host Name/IP” field
  7. After reset, the Username and Password in “CONNECT AS” default to “admin” or select your own
  8. DON’T FORGET TO “SAVE” THE CONNECTION!

Connect your mobile device to the Media Drive’s WI-FI network
Open the connection you just created. You should now see a folder called “Storage”; open the folder and you should now have access to the subfolders on the drive (i.e. Videos, Photos, Music, etc.).

Hope this works for you!!!

Sandisk have been lost a customer for life.I will never buy a other Sandisk product in my live. Deciding to stop giving service to all Sandisk Media Drives users is unfare and looks to me like planned obsolescence.

Hi there. Joined this community mainly seeking solution to this problem. Any updates? It is okay, if no. I am not going to "‎curse"‎ devs with loud and offensive words, you know. I am just a simple man, working 5/2, living life. Though you might think there is nothing special about me from the first glance, you should learn more about my hobbies. People are always surprised when they see how much I know about the sports. There are no secrets actually, I just really like reading legalbet https://legalbet.uk/. Not only they review bookmakers, but also analyze all kinds of upcoming events and post latest sports news there.