I need a Wall Charger for my Sansa Clip 4gb

Hello to all, i just bought a SanDisk-Sansa Clip+ 4GB* MP3, and well i wanna get a cheap Wall Charger adaptor,  which one you guys recommend me that is cheap and good that i can buy online?  thanks

Buy any one of the cheap USB/AC adapters out there, and plug this into it.

You can get a Motorola Razr charger(made by Motorola) cheap online. I think some places sell it for around $2-4. Make sure shipping price is low though.

This is the one??

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Mini-Wall-Charger-Phones/dp/tech-data/B0009H2M1Y/ref=de_a_smtd

I prefer this style because I have both a Fuze and a Clip (and a Clip+, and other things that can be charged by USB).  I’m not endorsing this exact product - I got mine off eBay - but saying I like this style.  Use your own cord or find one that comes with a new cord.

http://www.amazon.com/Skque-CHARGER-POWER-ADAPTER-SANDISK

The only thing I can add is that quality varies greatly–I’ve returned or thrown away a couple.  A “name brand” from a local store can be a good thing (although Internet pricing can be much lower), if there is an issue.

how much power output should the wall charger have? I have so many from all my other devices.

my LG phone is:  5.1V 0.7A

My Archos 605: 5.0V 1000mA

and I’ve seen others in stores that are: 500mA

what’s going to minimize charging time, but not fry my Clip+ 4gb?

5V; and 350 mA (or, better, 500 mA) and above (for the amperage, _ not _ the voltage). 

@luma wrote:

how much power output should the wall charger have? I have so many from all my other devices.

my LG phone is:  5.1V 0.7A

My Archos 605: 5.0V 1000mA

and I’ve seen others in stores that are: 500mA

what’s going to minimize charging time, but not fry my Clip+ 4gb?

The more amperage (mA) the faster it will charge. The Clip+ has managing circuitry that will controll how much it draws, so there’s no chance of burning it up.

iS IT POSSIBLE TO CHARGE MY SANSA CLIP PLUS WITH A WALL CHARGER

Yep.  Just make sure its 5V (more will blow the player out) and 350mA (500 mA is best, for a quicker charge) or above (the player will just takes the amperage it needs).

And will the Clip+ work whilst being charged this way, under the Sansa firmware? If not, perhaps in rockbox?

Yes.

Many thanks tapeworm. Just to be clear: it’s possible under the sansa firmware? When i’ve connected to my PC (i don’t have a charger yet) under 01.02.18F i don’t think i can play files.

What part of “Yes” isn’t clear, the “Y”, the “E” or the “S”? :confounded:

When connected to a computer, the player goes into “data” mode and normal operations are suspended so it will not play. When using a wall charger, there is no data connection on the other end so it will play while beiing charged.

:smiley:

Keep in mind:  while the Clip won’t play when connected to a computer–unless you are using a power-only USB cable, or you only loosely connect your regular USB cable  to your computer)–you still can play the player’s contents with your computer’s media player.  In the end, it’s all going to come out the same (but, no FM radio play from your player that way).

Many thanks for the expositions. I was looking to use the clip with my hifi and th-ought it might be useful to have it plugged in to a charger. A suitable docking station would be good - any recommendations?

There are no docking stations built for the Clips, unfortunately.  Just put it on your stereo or purchase a small stand for it–the type for smartphones and the like . . . .

Definitely a good idea to use a charger with the player if you’re using it with your stereo–may as well preserve the battery in the player as much as possible.