I don't see anywhere how you decrypt and transfer files off of Sandisk Secure Access

I found a workaround. I needed to copy files from one laptop and move them to a new machine. Here are the steps to decrypt your files:

1. Open the USB drive where your SanDisk is located. For me, it is (USB Drive D)

2. Locate the file SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe

3. Right click the file in step number 2

4. Click on the bolded Open prompt at the top of the menu that appears

5. You will be prompted for your SanDiskVault password

6. Enter your password, click Login 

7. Click NEXT on the menu that appears 

8. The next window _should _be an exact duplicate of the file SanDisk encrypted (to save to the USB drive), except this file is NOT encrypted! You should then be able to drag and drop your files without encryption.

I think we all had SanDiskVault figured differently. It SAVES files, documents, etc., in an encrypted state, but with your password, you can go directly to the file, see it (unencrypted), and manage it as you would any other copy+paste or drag and drop.

Hope this helps!!

It is now 2019, and I’m writing this in case anyone else is still having the same problems that the OP (and I) had.

My SanDisk USB Drive is a year old and I can still see no official way of retrieving my saved files, but I have managed to retrieve my folders and files from it…in a roundabout way. 

• I’ve discovered that when you drag a file from SanDisk into an awaiting folder on your computer, it copies over fine.
  • If you drag a folder that CONTAINS NO FOLDERS WITHIN IT, it drags and drops fine.
  • However , if you attempt to drag and drop a folder that contains at least one folder it will fail. Or at best, copy over one empty folder.

So, as I said it is a roundabout way of extracting your folders and files, but it’s better than having your files so secure that even YOU cannot retrieve them.

TIP: To drag and drop more than one file, hightlight all said files and drag them to their awaiting location. It sounds pretty obvious, but SanDisk will highlight just ONE folder the moment it loses the cursor focus. This could be so off-putting, that you may not complete the drop.

Hey, I just freaked out. I cut and pasted the whole drive over to another drive. Then it didnt work, so i cut and pasted it back. Then i had duplicate vault file. And to get to the vault i had to click through like 3 files because of the way it pasted.

So like you guys, I was freaking out because all my marriage pics and videos were on there.

I saw that all 50gb of data is there on the drive, its just the vault wasnt showing it.

I FOUND MY SOLUTION! I hope it helps you too!

First, i went into the USB folder that showed all the original files and folders, including the vault and vault application program.

Second, I selected ALL those files, and I pasted them BACK into the very FIRST page of the USB drive.

Third, it asked me if i want to replace any duplicate files with same name. I said YES!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Now the vault is no longer empty, it SHOWS ALL MY FILES!

I HOPE THIS HELPS!