I can't play wav songs from one folder but from all other folders with wav songs

Hello,

I have the newest firmware on my zip. I have about ten folder with wav songs and I can play the wav songs from almost all folders but one folder has a problem. When I select the folder and select the option “play all songs” or select the first song or any other songs in this folder the zip jumps from this song to the next song and to the next within a short moment. After the last songs in this folder the zip jumps to the first songs in this folder and everything starts all over again and again until I use the back button and select another folder. In this short moments when the zip jumps from song to song I can’t hear any music and after a few songs the play icon on the screen changes into the pause button but still jumps from song to song. The folder has 12 songs. I have a few others folders with more wav songs in the folder which works fine. I don’t know why this happens in this folder?

The player doesn’t officially list WAV support, however they provided partial support of WAV playback so the player can play the WAV recordings it creates. I suggest you use a different format, either mp3, WMA, OGG, or FLAC.

In the user manual I have read this in chapter 11:

What music file formats does the Sansa Clip Zip MP3 player support? 

The Sansa MP3 Player will support MP3, WAV, WMA, secure WMA, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC
(DRM-Free iTunes) and audiobook formats.  

I’m almost sure that it’s a problem of the software which created the wav file. The software is from Magix Samplitude (version 10 and 11) and in the header of the files is the word “WAVEJUNK”. See this picture:

http://www.picfront.org/d/8EkH

The first song will not play on the zip. The zip has no problem with the two other songs. The second song was created with EAC oder iTunes. The third song was created with Windows Media Player 12.

I will tell the SanDisk service about this wav problem.