I am really confused! I received a Sansa Clip for Christm...

I am really confused! I received a Sansa Clip for Christmas and I don’t know where I can download the music from, whether or not it is rhapsody.  I also don’t know if you have to pay monthly to use rhapsody or not.  I just don’t know where to start.  Can somebody please tell me step by step what to do and where to go?  I also have one of those best buy digital music store cards if that helps anybody.

I am really confused! I received a Sansa Clip for Christmas and I don’t know where I can download the music from, whether or not it is rhapsody.  I also don’t know if you have to pay monthly to use rhapsody or not.  I just don’t know where to start.  Can somebody please tell me step by step what to do and where to go?  I also have one of those best buy digital music store cards if that helps anybody.

Hi there,

1.  Well, If you have CD music, you can ripped them to your device.  There is a sticky thread on the first page shows you how to ripped CD to your device.  This is the first way of getting music to your device.  1

1. If you have the Best Buy Digital Music Store Cards, you can download the Rhapsody software and then enter in your card and you can use them.  Here is the link to download Rhapsody
    Napster: Music From Every Angle;

Once you have installed Rhapsody application to your PC, you then plug in your device and then you will see it as “Sansa Clip” on the screen of your Rhapsody application.  You can right click on the device and choose to authorize and license.  Then you will be able to get music online to the device.  Note: these are subscription music so it will expire after 30 days of use unless your Rhapsody subscription still available, then when you plug your device in, it will automatically renew your license and you will be able to use it.

3.  You can search online for sites that offer free mp3 music and download it to your PC and drag and drop to the device. 

1. You can go to Wal-Mart or Amazon or eMusic to buy your music and transfer to your device

Thanks for the info, I’ll try that.  I still have one question though.  Do you have to pay to use Rhapsody by buying a subscription per month or was I just looking at the wrong site?  I know with itunes you don’t have to pay at all, just for your music.

Hi there,

Yes…for all subscription music sites, you do have to pay to get it on your device.  Even iTUNES, you do have to pay unless you just listen to demo songs.

he s askin if it is pay per song or monthly subscription.  no way on this earth would i do either…

Some people like to go the legal way and not steal music… Such as myself…

But there is a 15$USD a month fee for Rhapsody/Napster/ so on and so forth for using their to go service…

if you think your only choices are steal or rent… you are deeply confused…drm == rent and ask permission to play … think about it and find the better way.

Yes I know the difference between the two…

You can either use Limewire… which is stealing… or use Cd’s which is legal… or you can use a subscription service… which is also legal…

since ya seem to know it all, i shouldnt tell ya  but i will… another is to purchase drm free music… now ive taught you everything you have on the subject. not all i know, just all you know