How to watch vids on my fuze?

Well i bought a sansa fuze recently and i swear to god at this point i wish i would’ve waited till my next paycheck to buy a apple or microsoft product instead. But seeing as how im stuck with this thing for a while i need to know what im doing wrong here, i try opening a video to the smc but it tells me that i don’t have the proper codec or wutever, so i either need  to know what i need to download in order to get the smc to accept my downloaded vids from frostwire or if i can just buy a micro sd card put vids on that and watch them on my fuze that way? All and any help is appreciated especially considering how there are hundreds of other threads with the same question, lol. Thanx to all. - Highwind

Usually the best result comes from using some other program to convert the video to a format that SMC understands. Look at some of the similar threads for recommendations. I’ve never had any troubles converting video with SMC (though I don’t bother with video much) so I can’t recommend anything, but giveawayoftheday.com has commercial video conversion tools for free from time to time so I’d just use one of those.

My problem is somewhat similar. I have video files on my PC. I had them loaded to my Ipod and they fine. However, they are “Nero” files. When I transfer them to the Fuze, it won’t play. Do you know how to convert them over? Do I need a separate program or can I do via WindowsXP somehow.

Thx

The Sansa Media Converter is needed to port videos over to the Fuze.  Additionally, you can use the Import Video function of the Rhapsody 4 client (you don’t need to subscribe to use it), then send the converted video directly to the Fuze.

You can download and install the Combined Community Codec Pack, CCCP, to give the SMC more “tools in the toolbox” for different codecs.

Another quite useful tool is AnyVideoConverter, also with a free version, that can change the source video to a format that can be understood by the SMC.  Try converting to DivX / AVI, then send the target video through the SMC.

µsansa

Ive already tried all of that people even tho i appreciate ur replies, i guess my biggest wonder is if i can use a micro sd card as a “loophole” by putting vids on that and watching them that way on my fuze. please reply if possible.

@highwind wrote:
Ive already tried all of that people even tho i appreciate ur replies, i guess my biggest wonder is if i can use a micro sd card as a “loophole” by putting vids on that and watching them that way on my fuze. please reply if possible.

It doesn’t matter if you want to put the vids on the internal memory or on a memory card, either way you still will have run the files thru the Sansa Media Converter to get them into a format that the Fuze can play back.

They are working on trying to find a way to do things without having to use the Sansa Media Converter software. However, even then if the files are not already in whatever format(s) the Fuze can play at that point you’ll still have to get the files converted over into whatever format(s) the Fuze handle.

If your files are being rejected by SMC, then download and install the free version of Any Video Converter and try running them thru that to create an AVI file first, then run that AVI file thru the SMC software to get it onto your Fuze.

If that doesn’t work, then we need to know more about what the video files you are trying to use actually are. If they are DRM’ed or copy protected, then they won’t work at all (unless you can find some software that can remove the copy protection).

Working with video is always difficult (even on a computer, not just for the Fuze). Very seldom is there a simple one shot fits all type of solution.

Yes, and with a video that starts with a torrent (eewww, Gnutella, not to be confused with Nutella of course), you have little guarantee of just what you’re getting.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: