How to transfer music to Sansa Fuze with windows 2007 & wmp 09

How do I transfer music with only Windows 07 & WMP 09?  My stepdaughter got one album to transfer, but that was several months ago and we can’t figure out how we did it!  I have also tried to follow directions on switching my computer to MTP so I could do it without WMP, but the instructions must’ve been for a different version of Windows. 

We did get it to work once, so somehow it must be possible!  All I want is to get music from my computer to my MP3 player.  :slight_smile:  

Otherwise, do I have to just use someone else’s computer that has Windows XP and a newer version of WMP?  I’d love to be able to do this in the comfort of my own home and not have to spend a bunch of money to do it! 

Any suggestions?

If you use MTP mode, then XP and Windows Media Player 10 are required. But (theorectically anyway) you should be able to connect to any computer in MSC mode, where the player is ‘seen’ as just another flash storage drive and copy the files from your computer to either the player’s internal memory or external memory card. They will show up as 2 separate drives.

Yes, you got turned around. MTP is for WMP 10. Forget about it. 

Use MSC mode, look in Windows Explorer (My Computer) and just drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste the music into the Fuze. This is one of the best things about the Fuze–you don’t need any piece of software between you and the Fuze (well, Windows is software but you know what I mean).

You can put the songs in the Music folder, you can make your own folder, or you can just throw it onto the Fuze driveletter. Just don’t put it in Photos, Audiobooks or Temp folders, which  are all treated differently. 

Thanks, I will try that!