How to play songs in a particlar folder

I have the Sansa Clip 4GB player. I have several folders containing mp3 files under Computer\Sansa Clip 4GB\Internal Memory\Music. e.g.,

Folder A

Folder B

How can I play songs in a particular folder? If I do play all, it plays songs randomly. I have also tried playing album etc. but it doesn’t do what i want. I want to play songs under a particular folder, and I want to be able to repeat or randomize songs under this folder. If someone can help me, thanks a lot.

The Clip does not read nor play by folders/files. It is strictly an ID3 tag-based player.

Only the Clip+ model and the Fuze have this capability. To do want you want, you are going to have to create playlists of the songs, or tracks in those particular folders, then play the playlists.

Take the songs you want together as a group and give them the same genre tag. Then on the player you can choose to play that genre.

Thanks. That could work. How do I give a genre tag to songs?

How do I create playlists?

With Windows Explorer or via the files’ properties screens, or with a tag editor such as MP3Tag (Internet freeware).

fd97207 wrote:
Thanks. That could work. How do I give a genre tag to songs?

With Windows Explorer or via the files’ properties screens, or with a tag editor such as MP3Tag (Internet freeware).

fd97207 wrote:
How do I create playlists?

Did you check the Clip online manual; check the SanDisk knowledgebase; or do a search here using the box at the upper left?

fd97207 wrote:

I have the Sansa Clip 4GB player. I have several folders containing mp3 files under Computer\Sansa Clip 4GB\Internal Memory\Music. e.g.,

Folder A

Folder B

How can I play songs in a particular folder? If I do play all, it plays songs randomly. I have also tried playing album etc. but it doesn’t do what i want. I want to play songs under a particular folder, and I want to be able to repeat or randomize songs under this folder. If someone can help me, thanks a lot.

Also, various users have created software that will create a playlist for each of the folders on your Clip.  You could run that and then play the playlists.

See, for example:  http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&message.id=11136&query.id=96251#M11136

Miikerman wrote:

Also, various users have created software that will create a playlist for each of the folders on your Clip.  You could run that and then play the playlists.

See, for example:  http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&message.id=11136&query.id=96251#M11136

Great idea there . . . I forgot about those. This is the exact scenario that inspired this program (and others) to be written in the first place; the lack of folder navigation/playing on the original Clip.

Another case of necessity being the mother of invention. :smiley:

"Thanks. That could work. How do I give a genre tag to songs? "

The easy way to do this in one step for many files in a folder is to use a tag editor, such as the free program mp3Tag.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Editing the tags one at a time manually can be very time consuming if there are many files.

Thanks everyone for your help. Greatly appreciated.

I just bought the player and loaded some music.

I am a very beginner user, and i don’t even have valid questions yet, other than having difficulty using it.  sue

@catbooie wrote:

I just bought the player and loaded some music.

I am a very beginner user, and i don’t even have valid questions yet, other than having difficulty using it.  sue

Have you read the manual?