how to move mp3 to albums

Okay, I dragged and dropped my album folders to My Music folder using windows explorer.  I have my albums set up as separate folders in the My Music folder.  I was wondering what is the easiest way to move these folders to the actual album folder.  I want the capability of just going to the specific album/folder to listen to music.   right now I have to go through the My Music list to get to a specific album. 

I was checking out the windows media player but it didn’t help me to move my folders to the album folder. 

any assistance is appreciated. 

It does not play songs by the folder.  The player organizes by the Songs ID tag information.  It makes no difference where the songs are found on the Clip.

WMP places everthing in the Music Folder,  You cant change that either.

So you dont have to bother with putting anything in the Clips Album Folder.

On The Clip go to Music>Albums>  Select the album.

Message Edited by sansafix on 02-22-2008 02:38 PM

sorry, guess I got things confused.  What I did was download my albums to separate folders on my pc and then I uploaded the folders to the clip using windows explorer.  I can see all of the individual songs in my Play All section but not in the albums section. 

I think I created my own folders when I downloaded my cd’s to the folder so maybe it isn’t recognizing the separate folders as albums?   Is there any way that I can distinguish each folder so it shows up in the albums section?

hawaiiguy wrote:

sorry, guess I got things confused.  What I did was download my albums to separate folders on my pc and then I uploaded the folders to the clip using windows explorer.  I can see all of the individual songs in my Play All section but not in the albums section. 

I think I created my own folders when I downloaded my cd’s to the folder so maybe it isn’t recognizing the separate folders as albums?   Is there any way that I can distinguish each folder so it shows up in the albums section?

no the player does not have file browsing. the clip orginizes the music by the id3 tags. you will need to fill out the id3 tags in order to browse by album, artist, ect.

Message Edited by drlucky on 02-22-2008 03:39 PM

sorry for my ignorance, but how do I fill out the id3 tags?  Can I do it on my pc first? 

FYI there is a search bar at the top of the page. since i am sure this questions has been ask before it could probably answer your question.

it has to be done on the computer.

here are links to some helpful how to videos

editing ID3 tags in WMP10

editing ID3 tags in WMP11

other how to videos

On Windows, you also can right click on the file, Properties, Summary, Advanced, and then fill the information in.  This is fine for only a few songs; otherwise, a tagging program is easier (such as The Godfather, freeware on the net). 

MediaMonkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com) can auto-tag your songs based on their filenames.  This includes the paths to the songs; for example, if your songs are organized into an Artist/Album structure, it can break the Artist and Album names out from the path and use them as tags.