How do you hook up a clip to play over your car stereo speakers?

I posted this at another thread but that one was already soved for someone,so sorry about the dual posting.I am wondering what kind of cables I need to do this.

As I posted in the other thread which was a fine place for this, you need to see if you car has an Aux in jack, where it looks like you could plug headphones in, or a USB port. If not Does it have a Cassette player? If it has none of these things you will need an FM transmitter.

Ok.I got an FM transmitter,its a Belkin Tunecast II.It transmits fine,but it doesn’t charge the clip.In my car next to my lighter outllet,I also have a 110 outlet.Could I get a regular wall charger and charge at the same time?

@renate wrote:
Ok.I got an FM transmitter,its a Belkin Tunecast II.It transmits fine,but it doesn’t charge the clip.In my car next to my lighter outllet,I also have a 110 outlet.Could I get a regular wall charger and charge at the same time?

110 outlet in the car… COOL! What Kind of car? And Yeah that should work. I generally dont worry about it though, Unless you have it on for 15-20 hours a day, then you dont really need to charge on the go. But If you can do that with a 110 outlet then go for it.

@renate wrote:

That would work.  You also could use a cigarette lighter charger for the Clip (if your cigarette lighter outlet already is being used, you can pick up a “splitter” for it at an electronics store such as Radio Shack, which will create two or more outlets out of the one).

Thanks! :slight_smile: I have a 2008 Pontiac Vibe.They come standard with lighter charger and a 110 outlet.

I returned the transmitter today.I don’t know if its just that one or all transmitters,but I couldn’t find a single station where there wasn’t static and popping sounds.Also when I was driving it was like a pair of rabbit ears that I had to move the contraption every time I turned the corner and that was definitely unsafe driving.

I think I will just be thankful for the clip and leave the radio on or pop in a CD when driving.After hearing music so clear through the earbuds its hard to listen to the same songs with static and such.

Sorry to hear that.  iRiver makes an FM transmitter that has gotten pretty nice reviews. 

http://www.amazon.com/iriver-AFT-100-Mobile-Transmitter/dp/B00067LYFW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238269145&sr=8-1

If I do try this again I will try the iRiver,thanks.Right now I’m just going to wait,but I do not recommend the Belkin Tunecast II to anyone!