FM Transmitter Questions

I’ve been searching for a practical way to get my Clip to broadcast over my car stereo, since I’ve grown very fond of it and would love to listen to some podcasts, etc in the car. I’m trying to find out the best way to accomplish this. I’ve got no Aux jack on the front of my radio, but I do have a Sirius Sportster Replay installed in the Car, direct wired to the FM radio, with the Sportster set on 88.7fm. My Sirius radio basically has three wires coming out of the back. Antenna, Power and FM out (which goes directly to the radio). Would I be able to use this in any way to help me out, if only to at least connect to the FM transmitter I may have to buy? And in this case, since I’m directly wired, does anyone have any suggestion on what a decent FM transmitter may be? It might not even have to be very good because I can be directly wired. Or maybe I’m just confusing everyone. :dizzy_face:

The iRiver AFT 100 fm transmitter has gotten nice reviews (and looks pretty cool).

I wouldn’t be able to use any part of my existing Sirius installation to help with this?

I am wondering if there is a way you can get the music out of your Clip and in to your car stereo by using a cable from the Clip’s earphone jack to the Sirius’ fm out which goes to the radio.  But I have no experience here.  Hopefully someone skilled with car stereos would know.  The fm transmitter route would be a backup to that.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 09-28-2009 09:58 AM

I am wondering if there is a way you can get the music out of your Clip and in to your car stereo by using a cable from the Clip’s earphone jack to the Sirius’ fm out which goes to the radio.  But I have no experience here.  Hopefully someone skilled with car stereos would know.  The fm transmitter route would be a backup to that.

I’d like to find that out. There’s no sense in me buying a whole new FM Transmitter when I’ve got an existing Sirius installation in my car, with a wired FM relay. Of course, I don’t know if it will work either. A quick internet search yielded no results.

Anyone with experience installing Sirius Radios know if the FM direct relay can help me in any way to get the Clip broadcast over the car stereo?