how do I turn off the Sansa Fuze

I just recieved an 8GB Sansa Fuze today for Christmas, and for the 15 minutes I used it in between putting music on it and putting it back in my computer, I thouroughly enjoyed it.

Now, I feel really embarrased asking this question because i’ve been using a computer for 15 years and have been using MP3 plays since 1999. 

How do I turn off the Sansa Fuze? It doesn’t say anything in the manual. What combination of buttons/menu setting do I do to turn it off?

THX

Don’t be embarrased, i had similar experience when i first used Sansa.

Hold the right side sliding button for a second or two to turn it off.

The key is to hold for a while.

@docstrange wrote:

I just recieved an 8GB Sansa Fuze today for Christmas, and for the 15 minutes I used it in between putting music on it and putting it back in my computer, I thouroughly enjoyed it.

Now, I feel really embarrased asking this question because i’ve been using a computer for 15 years and have been using MP3 plays since 1999. 

How do I turn off the Sansa Fuze? It doesn’t say anything in the manual. What combination of buttons/menu setting do I do to turn it off?

THX

right on!

The goofy IKEA-esque instruction booklet didn’t say anything about how to turn it off. Which is a pretty strange thing for an instruction booklet not to say.

Thanks alot.

When you say “hold it” for a few seconds, “hold it” how??  The only way to hold it is in the on position.  When you switch it off, or downward, it doesn’t move and you don’t need to hold it.  I can’t turn mine off either and it keeps running the battery down too quickly.

Move the switch up for a few seconds and that shuts off the fuze 15 to 20 seconds resets the fuze.

Hope this helps ya

Lee

It will say “goodbye” when it’s shutting all the way off…

@showtimemike wrote:

When you say “hold it” for a few seconds, “hold it” how??  The only way to hold it is in the on position.  When you switch it off, or downward, it doesn’t move and you don’t need to hold it.  I can’t turn mine off either and it keeps running the battery down too quickly.

That’s not the “On” position, that’s a toggle for both On and Off. Slide it up, it turns on. Slide it up and hold, and in two or three seconds it turns off. Notice it always slides back to the center unless you slide it down to the Lock position. Also, if you just leave it on without anything playing, it will turn itself off. You can set the timeout period for this in the Settings menu.

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 07-25-2009 06:35 AM

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 07-25-2009 06:36 AM