Help with Playlist in MTP Mode

I got my 8gb fuze a few weeks back and is my first mp3 player and I’m pretty satisfied so far, but it has its drawbacks. However, I haven’t had much time to play around with most of the features. I’m having trouble creating playlists properly. I know of two ways of making .pla playlists.

One way is through WMP11 via the sync method as per instructions in the manual and video link. The problem I have with that is I’ve connected my fuze in MTP mode and dragged and dropped the music that I’ve wanted under the music folder of the fuze. When I try to make a playlist with WMP11 it duplicates the songs that are already in the player via drag and drop method. The other way was searching on the sansa mp3 forums and found out that I could right click a music file or folder in the fuze’s music folder and create a playlist that way, and just add to the playlist by drag and drop method. This method worked well and was simple enough to do. The problem I’ve encountered with this method is I had this one playlist that had almost all the songs I’ve put in the fuze so far (about 30 albums worth). When I want to access that playlist, the fuze freezes for a about 10 to 15 secs then shows me the list, but it only shows 250 songs out of 600+. I tried it again now with just about 300 songs in another playlist and the same thing happens, only 250 songs show up.

I did another search (link below) and found out there was indeed a song limit to the playlist.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=624

So, has anyone have or found a workaround or a fix for this yet? Are there other people experiencing the same problems I’m having? What are the other ways of creating playlists in MTP mode other than the ones I’ve stated?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

hi xero, thanks for checking out the forums! anyways, playlists is somewhat tricky when it comes to pla format.

sorry to say it is capped at 250 count.  reason being is, well you’ve already noticed the lag it takes to load 300 to 600 count. imagine something ridiculous like 2000+.  this problem also occurs with m3u playlists as well.

anyways, this problem, I expect, will eventually get fixed. the issue used to exist for sansa clip, but last friday a new firmware was released fixing those issues and I  think raising the cap of pla playlists.  we’ll just have to be patient for fuze to get updated.

Hey Thoma, thanks for giving me a straight answer. Does that song limit cap affect the go list as well?

There are a max of 50 entries each for Music Go List,  Photo Go List  and Video Bookmarks on Fuze.

hi,

i also want to buy fuze.  now i read this problem, and i want to ask - if i have about 1000 songs on the fuze, and i choose

“Playy ALL” will it lag also? will it freeze when skipping songs, like in the view?

@oriel wrote:

hi,

i also want to buy fuze.  now i read this problem, and i want to ask - if i have about 1000 songs on the fuze, and i choose

“Playy ALL” will it lag also? will it freeze when skipping songs, like in the view?

I have almost 2000 songs on my Fuze (with an external memory card) and I don’t have a problem with that.  It seems to lag a little at times if I’m scrolling through my songs when something is playing, but it’s not very noticeable.

Keep in mind that I’ve only had this Fuze for a couple of weeks now, so it’s been good so far.