Help Scandisk can charge but it cannot be detected by computer.

I have a Sansa e260 and it can charge just fine but I cannot get it to be detected on my computer. When I plug it in I get the warning “one of the USB devices in this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.”

WMP can’t even synch up with it. 

Now I had lost most of the data on my computer recently, I realize that might be the problem. But I downloaded the firmware updater from the Sansa site and it couldn’t detect my player either.

Any idea on what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance 

@yvj wrote:

I have a Sansa e260 and it can charge just fine but I cannot get it to be detected on my computer. When I plug it in I get the warning “one of the USB devices in this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.”

WMP can’t even synch up with it. 

Now I had lost most of the data on my computer recently, I realize that might be the problem. But I downloaded the firmware updater from the Sansa site and it couldn’t detect my player either.

Any idea on what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance 

You need to give a little more information for someone to be able to help you and you need to write in the e200 forum, this is the Sansa Express forum.

Write your post in the e200 forum, link given below. Describe your problem and provide the following information. Does it connect on other computers? Does it connect in MSC mode? Are you running XP or Vista? Do you have a V1 or V2 player. What is your firmware version?

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=e200