Help!! Sansa Clip 2gb - computer won't recognize

I recently bought the Sansa Clip and cannot get my computer to recognize it.  I have tried using the different USB modes, tried putting it in hold and depressing the select key when connecting to the computer.  I have downloaded the latest firmware, downloaded the WMP 11, am running this on Windows EP with SP3.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.   I am getting frustrated. 

I am able to use my work laptop.  I plug my ipod in, open the folders, and then move them over to my Sansa.  Why can I not use my home computer? 

I am ready to send it back.  Its cute, but not worth this hassle.

Hi, go the store you bought it from and tell them that. They will plug it into their pc and solve the problem. It worked out from me once. However, a month later I experience the same F***ing problem:-(

Message Edited by Penelope on 08-07-2009 08:35 AM

@prcano1fan wrote:

I recently bought the Sansa Clip and cannot get my computer to recognize it.  I have tried using the different USB modes, tried putting it in hold and depressing the select key when connecting to the computer.  I have downloaded the latest firmware, downloaded the WMP 11, am running this on Windows EP with SP3.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.   I am getting frustrated. 

I am able to use my work laptop.  I plug my ipod in, open the folders, and then move them over to my Sansa.  Why can I not use my home computer? 

I am ready to send it back.  Its cute, but not worth this hassle.

What drivers have you reinstalled?  The Clip doesn’t require any special drivers. 

You might want to try a different USB port.  The Clip requires connection to a high-power port.

If your home pc is a desktop, have you tried using the rear USB ports? Are you plugging it directly into the USB port, and not into a hub or USB extension cord? Have you tried disconnecting all other USB peripherals before connecting your player?