Hello Folks, I think I screwed up majorly. I was trying to update the firmware for my e260. The updater program wasn’t working so I tried manually.
I entered recovery mode and then added these 5 files into a 16 something folder with one item:
after that I unplugged from comp and tried to restart. Just getting blank screen and cant get comp to see it.
then I found this on anythingbutipod.com
- Unless it is noted in the Manual Firmware Download thread that another file must be included for the firmware to work, do not add any other files to the Recovery Mode drive
- Do not, under any circumstances, place a file ending in ‘.bin’ on the Recovery Mode drive.
- If in doubt about placing any other files besides the firmware (and possibly bootloader) onto the Recovery Mode drive, PM a Sansa moderator, who should be able to help you.
"Load main image failed, switch to recovery mode" error
This error, the most common reason for using Recovery Mode, happens when the firmware is corrupt. Corrupt firmware can not harm your Sansa. In addition, it is fairly easy to fix:
- Download a copy of the latest firmware, such as from theManual Firmware Download thread.
- With the Sansa in Recovery Mode, save the mi4 file to the 16MB-FORMAT drive. Rename the mi4 file to PP5022.mi4, if it is not already.
- Do not copy any other files over. The 16MB-FORMAT is not for storing music and other files. The only files that can be copied over are the bootloader, firmware, and sansa.fmt files"
Like it says about. I did not rename the mi4 file. Am I screwed?