Heating problem

I bought a Sansa Fuze few weeks ago, it started to produce lots of heat as soon as I plug it into the system… Now I updated the firmware … now also it generates heat but not like before is this normal ? or should I try contacting the support …

Sounds fine. It will get warm. If it gets HOT so you cant touch it, then you have problems.

If the battery is low, the Fuze will charge at a high rate initially, then it will automatically taper off.  During this initial charge, it will be warmer.  The device should be warm to the touch, but not hot.  As it drops the charge rate after the first hour, it will eventually be cool.

Excessive heat is not good for the battery.  If it is actually hot, you can contact Support at 1-866-SanDisk.  The Fuze may have a battery issue.

Bob  :wink:

It was hot with the original firmware…Now it is warm…Is this normal

Updating the firmware updates the battery management algorithm as well, one of the many tasks the processor handles.  The battery level meter accuracy was also addressed.  As long as it only gets “warm”, it sounds like you’re in business!

Keep an eye on the temperature when charging, to ensure all is well.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: