Overheating, now not working after plugging in...

Tonight i decided to charge my Fuze, but as soon as I plugged it in it began to get hot. i decided the best thing for me to do was to unplug it, so it wouldn’t over-heat…I guess I was too late. Now it’s not doing anything, and it’s getting hotter and hotter. I can’t touch it without getting burned. long story short, what can I do about this? I really liked this player, but now I’m afraid that it’s long gone.

Thanks, any help is greatly welcomed and needed!

(oh, and I did try a soft reset, but that didn’t help.)

Message Edited by luv2paint on 06-15-2009 07:21 PM

@luv2paint wrote:

Tonight i decided to charge my Fuze, but as soon as I plugged it in it began to get hot. i decided the best thing for me to do was to unplug it, so it wouldn’t over-heat…I guess I was too late. Now it’s not doing anything, and it’s getting hotter and hotter. I can’t touch it without getting burned. long story short, what can I do about this? I really liked this player, but now I’m afraid that it’s long gone.

Thanks, any help is greatly welcomed and needed!

(oh, and I did try a soft reset, but that didn’t help.)

Message Edited by luv2paint on 06-15-2009 07:21 PM

You have a defect. If its still within the return policy of the place you bought it then return it there, and if its not contact Sandisk and they should replace it. 

I’ve contacted the store, they won’t help me unless I have the reciept, which I’ve already managed to lose. Will sandisk still replace it without any proof of purchase or…well you know what I’m trying to say :angry:

Thanks!

Sandisk is pretty good about it. All you can do is contact them and find out.

Thanks! That helped a lot. I’ll contact them tomorrow.