Headphone jack collapsed

All of a sudden my headphone will not go into the jack. It looks like something inside detached and fell in.   Is it repairable? Or cost prohibitive?   just checking because I LOVE my fuze and do not want to lose it. 

It doesn’t look very good…

I suppose you could still use it with a line out adapter

If your fuze is still under the one year warranty, give Sandisk a call for a replacement.  Sandisk doesn’t offer a repair service their sansas.

http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.aspx

If it is a v1 Fuze, I would do my best to repair it because of its compatibility with Rockbox. If it is a v2 Fuze, those are the latest available and I would just buy another.

@jillsknitting wrote:
All of a sudden my headphone will not go into the jack. It looks like something inside detached and fell in.   Is it repairable? Or cost prohibitive?   just checking because I LOVE my fuze and do not want to lose it. 

@martylk wrote:
If it is a v1 Fuze, I would do my best to repair it because of its compatibility with Rockbox. If it is a v2 Fuze, those are the latest available and I would just buy another.

@jillsknitting wrote:

Agreed.  jillsknitting could also sell it on ebay.  There are fuze owners that would want it for its working parts. 

Well, I checked my order with Amazon and it is still under warranty.  :)  I called Sandisk and they are going to replace it.  What great customer service, huh? 

did they send you an email how do the replace it