Audio Problem

I am having a BIG problem with my 8G Fuze.   A week or so ago, i was getting a steady popping sound, so i read thru some of the posts and suggestions (such as, a loose jack–which wasn’t the problem).  Then, the audio went off altogether (the device is “playing”–there’s just no sound).  I loaded up the newest firmware, which did not do anything.  I ended up “resetting factory settings.”  This solved the problem… for about 2 days of use.  Yesterday, i thought i heard a faint popping sound.  Today, the sound was louder, then… there was no sound–at all.  What can i do?  I am beginning to have suspicions regarding the quality of the Sansa products.  Any suggestions would be great. 

The most likely cause is still that the headphone is not all the way in the jack. The jack isn’t loose, but you really have to push in the plug.

Otherwise, make sure your EQ is Normal–just for testing purposes–and that you have rotated the wheel to turn up the volume. And if you still have the problem, call 1-866-SANDISK to ask about a replacement, assuming it’s less than a year old. 

If it’s had a lot of use and is more than a year old, the headphone connection inside the unit may be coming loose, and at that point it’s R.I.P. 

@black_rectangle wrote:

The most likely cause is still that the headphone is not all the way in the jack. The jack isn’t loose, but you really have to push in the plug.

<edit> 

If it’s had a lot of use and is more than a year old, the headphone connection inside the unit may be coming loose, and at that point it’s R.I.P. 

I got a replug for my fuze.  After jerking it off the desk a few times just from turning my head and leaning too far over, I finally got one.  The bendable middle works well in helping to keep pressure and tension off the plug.  Saving my player and helping to keep the jack from coming loose.  It’s a little pricey, but much cheaper than having to replace my fuze.

@mags1230 wrote:

I got a replug for my fuze.  After jerking it off the desk a few times just from turning my head and leaning too far over, I finally got one.  The bendable middle works well in helping to keep pressure and tension off the plug.  Saving my player and helping to keep the jack from coming loose.  It’s a little pricey, but much cheaper than having to replace my fuze.

Good luck with your replug.  Mine died after a few weeks (failed where the narrow part is) and the company doesn’t respond to emails.  The day after I got mine, I was showing it to a colleague, and he ordered one too.  His is older than mine was when it died (a few months) but it’s finally started showing signs of failure at the same spot.

Hope you have better luck than we did.

So far, it’s working like it should, with no signs of wear in the middle section.  Mine is only about a month old.