Games

i want games on my sansa fuze without rockbox. could you download ipod games and play them on the fuze?

fudge wrote:
i want games on my sansa fuze without rockbox. could you download ipod games and play them on the fuze?

Nope.

Games would really cut down the battery life.

Do like I did; buy a GameBoy! :smiley:

why not? ipod games use the same wheel contorls(except the menu and play/pause button are reversed) you could modify an ipod game and format it for the fuze

You could play catch with it.

You could play Hide & Seek with it.

You could teach it tricks. Probably the easiest is to “Play dead”. 

You could get a bunch of friends together and see who can guess what song will play next when using Shuffle mode (no fair peeking at the ‘next song’ info by pressing the center button 3 times).

Tapeworm wrote:

You could play catch with it.

You could play Hide & Seek with it.

You could teach it tricks. Probably the easiest is to “Play dead”. 

You could get a bunch of friends together and see who can guess what song will play next when using Shuffle mode (no fair peeking at the ‘next song’ info by pressing the center button 3 times).

fudge wrote:
why not? ipod games use the same wheel contorls(except the menu and play/pause button are reversed) you could modify an ipod game and format it for the fuze

Why would they? Its not about the controls its about the money. Apple wants your $200 for their player and then another $5 for their game. It makes no sense that Ipod games would work on a player thats not an Ipod. Like somebody said get a Gameboy thats your best bet.

then how is it that people have managed to jailbreak and hack their ipods to get free games and apps?

You wanna end up like these morons?

All those books available where they could actually learn something, & they’d rather ‘veg-out’ with their pods (probably playing games).

where did you get all the pictures that you post?

Jailbreaking an Ipod doesn’t give you free games and apps.  It simply removes restrictions preventing you from running software released by people unaffiliated with the Apple store.  Once jailbroken you have nothing more than you had before.  You must still get games and apps developed for the specific device.  You now, simply, have the ability to use them once aquired.

This is a moot, however.  Apps must be written specifically for a device.  Ipod apps will not work here.

yes, and if you can remove restrictions on ipod games only being able to play and ipod products, you could play games or modify the game

open an ipod game with notepad and add or delete stuff

You can modify the game no matter what if you have the developer software.  Most people don’t bother with that.

What is your point here?  Are you suggesting you want to “jailbreaK” the Fuze?  If so this isn’t analogous since the Fuze isn’t “jailed”.  Unlike the Ipod it doesn’t have any existing programming used to play games or specialized apps.  You would need to develop your own firmware for it, which would be a serious task.

What is the similarity between Ipod “jail” and the Fuze you are trying to express?

You can alter the Ipod game as much as you like, but it still won’t play unless someone made firmware for the Fuze capable of playing it

Message Edited by gregoryfuze on 02-25-2010 03:35 PM

im not trying to jailbreak the fuze, im trying to jailbreak the game so it will play on the sansa fuze

the app, not the fuze itself

What site do you guys use to download the roms for the rockboy?

what’s rockboy

RTFM for Rockbox

That is not possible. I suggest play pc game, try gacha life and make sure you read all the apps detail.