Can My Sansa Fuze Have Games Like an Apple I Pod?

My friend has an Ipod and it has games on it. Can my Sansa Fuze have games too?

Not right now. If the people at SanDisk decide they are gonna put them on, it will probably begin with a firmware update but right now its not available. When/ If Rockbox developes a Firmware for the fuze (it might be a while) they usually have games.

Sure . . . Time frame?

Hmmm . . . Let’s see.

How 'bout when

:smileyvery-happy:

Sure . . . Time frame?

Hmmm . . . Let’s see.

How 'bout when

:smileyvery-happy:

The only time you see a kid playing solitaire is when they are playing on their iPod. Now, if you aren’t going to play that any other time, do you really need it on your mp3 player?

There’s nothing really ‘wrong’ with games on an mp3 player. I’ve got rockboxed e260 and it has several games. The interface/controls are a little clunky with some of the games (like solitare), but otherwise they are entertaining if you have some time on your hands and are looking for some visual as well as audio stimuli.

The problem is your screen is ON all the time and the game itself will burn up more processing power, so your battery charge life goes straight down the tubes.

iPods have had games for years. My several-year-old iPod had them, and like most people I played them a few times and then realized the interface was so completely unfit for games that it took an inordinate amount of time to do anything, and never played them again.

I’d just be happy if they could get the video working right.

cptrohn, I’m with you with that one.

For the record, my videos play (and sound) fine. And according to many other ‘regulars’ here, theirs do too.

Why? Because we have taken the time to read and experiment with different alternatives & programs until we have found what works. And it may be a different method for everyone I’ve mentioned, but that only emphasizes the fact that there are indeed numerous alternatives and work-arounds.

Rather than just whining about it and cursing SanDisk, I (and many others) have done something about it. Successfully too. And to be honest, it really wasn’t that hard. As they used to say on the X-files:

“The Answers Are Out There”

Here, actually. You just need to find and read them. :wink:

@inuyash9738 wrote:
My friend has an Ipod and it has games on it. Can my Sansa Fuze have games too?

Ugh, I hope not.  One of the main things I like about the Fuze is the strong focus on useful, audio-centric features.   I hope things like better navigation, better tag support, better playlist support, and better (or at least simpler) video support take priority over useless addon fluff like games.

It’s one of the reasons I gave up on Cowon.  They decided it was more important to add rediculous dictionaries and calculators then to fix serious bugs and missing core functionality.  It’s been nice to see Sansa focusing on fixes and features that really enhance the core functionality.

We are not investing time on games for the Fuze.

SansaFix

@sansafix wrote:

SansaFix

:smileyvery-happy:YAY…:robotvery-happy:

@sansafix wrote:

SansaFix

*applauds loudly*

WOOHOO!!! :smileyvery-happy: