Games?

Are there or will there be games for the Fuze?

Are you talking about if/when Rockbox gets around to the Fuze’s firmware? If so possibly…

If you mean is SanDisk going to make games for the fuze… I doubt it, as they’ve never created games for any players before 

I . … who . . the reason . . … how . …

I’m not even sure how to answer the question. . .  but really if you want something to play games on . . . wouldn’t it be better to just get a DS or PSP?  

I was asking, because I know of other brands that have games…so I was just curious. :robotindifferent:

wow evil robot eyes, I was just asking, because if you buy a mp3 player are you buying it for being able to play games? than if thats the case your better off buying a DS or PSP that can play mp3s instead of vice versa. mp3 player’s processors aren’t made to handle games , and even if there are some brands out there that have games (ipod) the games probably are not that great since the product is geared towards mp3 playing, not game playing.

Same issue with celphones … . people buy them as mp3 players, than whats the whole point of having a celphone on it, if the mp3 feature just saps the battery?  True the convinience of being able to have all our needed electronics all in one gadget is ideal, but you forfiet so much functionality when you try to create a product that not only needs to meet all those features but also has to be reasonable to have (I’m not going to carry a laptop around all day, even though it can surf the net, play mp3s, play games, do my taxes, make calls, instant message, etc).

I can check my mail, surf the internet, play call of duty, fax stuff, print documents, taze people, and drive my car with my cell… … what do you mean make a call… pffftt

lol just felt like adding that for some reason

lol that wasn’t supposed to be an evil eye. Sorry about that! I see your point, but really I was just curious because I’ve seen games on peoples ipods. I’ll stick with my DS for games :slight_smile:

hahahha =P. .  btw, DS homebrews have video and mp3 players availble. I just use that when I need to bring a device that will let me choose between media or gaming.

Message Edited by thoma on 04-08-2008 04:19 PM

Will be games on Sansa view?

Well, if you really need games on your Sansa Fuze, you can wait for a version of Rockbox to come out for the Fuze. I’ve seen people play Doom on their Sansa e280s, and just watching them play it, makes me think that my Fuze is going to be awesome with rockbox.

Just keep an eye out for that… 

@christina1960 wrote:
lol that wasn’t supposed to be an evil eye. Sorry about that! I see your point, but really I was just curious because I’ve seen games on peoples ipods. I’ll stick with my DS for games :slight_smile:

What you want is the new Multimedia DSI, that Nin brought out.  Has SD card slot where GBA slot was, plays mp3s, vids and pics and has a native web browser.    Plus keeps its ability to play games.    Came out in Japan, 3 months ago, should make it to US by summer.

i really dont know.

i asked the same question another day and only write you “buy (any portable console)” you can wait some months or some years for it.

(i comprend you dont have money to buy a portable console)

Only Sandisk can tell you whether they will ever put games on any of their players.

However, even if it was in the pipeline, I’d be surprised if they let news of it slip out on a support forum. They’d announce it with lots of marketing fanfare to maximise their ROI.

If games come out, how long before we see complaints about the switches not being durable enough for game play?

Playing music, you might adjust the volume once in a while. Other than that you (me anyway) typically play a whole album or podcast without touching the switches.  WIth many games, you might be hitting switches multiple times per second the whole time.

@donp wrote:

If games come out, how long before we see complaints about the switches not being durable enough for game play?

Playing music, you might adjust the volume once in a while. Other than that you (me anyway) typically play a whole album or podcast without touching the switches.  WIth many games, you might be hitting switches multiple times per second the whole time.

That is an excellent point donp.

Well, Rockbox I bet will support games. I’ve watched youtube videos where people are playing Doom on the Sansa e250. It looks pretty cool, and I do look forward for a rockbox for Fuze, so I can play Doom on my Fuze. It might not be good, but it would be fun just to see how well it works.

So, just keep an eye out for rockbox for Fuze people.

Thats one thing I wish there was on the sansa fuze. They have games on ipods (nano). I would be a good idea.