I jus want to play games

If anyone knows how to download a game to your fuze if there is away, let me know.

Games?  I’d strongly recommend a device made for that specific task, like the PSP, or similar.  They are configured for that task.  Better to leave the Sansa for its primary functions, which it handles superbly.

If you find a way to play vector graphics, so I can reminisce over a game of Tempest or Battle Zone or Tail Gunner , free of pixelations, I’d be one with the old school gaming cosmos.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Tempest? If that’s the one where you go around different shapes shooting things, then I love that game!

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Tempest? If that’s the one where you go around different shapes shooting things, then I love that game!

Yeah, that’s Tempest. I pumped countless quarters into that one.

So Can we put games on the sansa fuze?

Officially NO… Rockbox does allow it but that has not been officially released yet. Even then the games may not be any good. I suggest as Bob did, use a PSP or an Nintendo DS to play games its just better.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 05-17-2009 04:12 PM

ok Thanks!

No games available, nor are there likely to be in any future firmware updates even though technically it’d be doable (as-is, I think it’s too overloaded with unnecessary features. The photo and video viewer are cute, but functionally *useless* in my opinion). I bought the Fuze as a dedicated MP3 player.

If you want games, there’s this cool little gadget (about the size of a Sansa View) called the Dingoo Digital A320. Through emulation it currently plays Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gameboy Advance, Sega Genesis, Neo Geo, CPS 1 and 2 arcade games as well as its own native 3D games. It also has an MP3 player, a video player (with a proper frame rate, unlike the Fuze), FM radio, voice recorder, picture viewer, eBook (with voice!)/text/Flash animation/web page reader. It comes with 4 GB, but also like the Fuze, it has a place to expand its built-in memory. It even connects to the TV. It sort of looks like a cross between a PSP and a Gameboy Micro. Oh yeah, and it costs the same price as my Sansa Fuze…about $80 :slight_smile: Here’s a link about it… Dingoo - Wikipedia

I *just* got the Dingoo as a gift after buying my Sansa Fuze, but now I’m considering returning the Fuze because it does everything the Fuze does and much more. I think the Fuze is more cut out for MP3’s (smaller, sleeker, easier to browse) but this thing is great if you want games too. Only catch is you can’t buy them in stores, it’s made in China and you have to order them online.

The Fuze’s controls aren’t designed for the heavy use and abuse a games machine would get.  You’d quickly find yourself with a crippled or non-functioning player.  You want to play games, go buy a handheld gaming console of some kind.

@apple2gs wrote:

If you want games, there’s this cool little gadget (about the size of a Sansa View) called the Dingoo Digital A320.

As soon as MAME is running on it, I’ll get one.  :wink:

http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/04/zodttd-to-work-on-mame.html

@ PromisedPlanet wrote:

@apple2gs wrote:

If you want games, there’s this cool little gadget (about the size of a Sansa View) called the Dingoo Digital A320.

As soon as MAME is running on it, I’ll get one.  :wink:

http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/04/zodttd-to-work-on-mame.html

Wow, I had no idea someone is actually porting MAME! Now all it needs an Apple II and Commodore 64 emulator and I’ll be all set. :slight_smile:

Meantime I like the fact it has all the features the Fuze offers, enough where I don’t actually need my (newly purchased) 4 GB Fuze at this point and will be likely returning it…for now. Maybe in 6 months or a year from now, when prices fall on the 8 GB model (and more of the Fuze firmware glitches are resolved) I’ll pick one up again. I love it’s scroll wheel and overall sleekness, it really puts the iPod to shame. Oh well, have my old Sansa M240 to keep me going too in the meantime.

who knows mabie they will make rockbox for fuze and then you can play games

@taco_101 wrote:
who knows mabie they will make rockbox for fuze and then you can play games

They will. It is just still in the developement phase.

It won’t be for quite a while, though:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaFuze