Gah! Won't turn on

I plugged my express into my usb port on my laptop to charge it. I didn’t see any errors but instead of the normal chargin screen or anything it started to show SanDisk for a second and go blank. I can’t turn it on and my computer won’t recognize it. When I plug it in it just repeat the logo but won’t turn on or off. I tried a hard reboot and a soft. Any advice? I bought it a week ago on clearance and can’t afford to replace it.

@ireul wrote:
I plugged my express into my usb port on my laptop to charge it. I didn’t see any errors but instead of the normal chargin screen or anything it started to show SanDisk for a second and go blank. I can’t turn it on and my computer won’t recognize it. When I plug it in it just repeat the logo but won’t turn on or off. I tried a hard reboot and a soft. Any advice? I bought it a week ago on clearance and can’t afford to replace it.

Try manually loading the firmware as described in the attached link.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1143

Thank you for the reply. I’ve attempted the method described several times now with no result but as several others posted it took numerous attempts I wil keep trying. I will let you know if it works. Thank you again for replying.

@ireul wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I’ve attempted the method described several times now with no result but as several others posted it took numerous attempts I wil keep trying. I will let you know if it works. Thank you again for replying.

Try every USB port on your computer. Some ports have higher power available and make better connections.

Try a different computer. My main computer is a XP desktop. I could not connect (by pressing the “-” button and plugging) to my XP computer. I tried a Vista laptop and connected on the first try.

good luck,