Fuze won't connect to Computer

My Fuze will no longer connect to my home computer. I recently installed a MagicJack, I’m not sure if this is the cause. The other USB devices (mouse, external hard drive) are working fine. When hooking up the Fuze, the PC sees a USB storage device, however I get the error message that the hardware didn’t install properly. I went so far as to wipe the hard drive, did a fresh Windows install (did NOT install the MagicJack), and still get the same error.

I connected the Fuze to my office computer, and it worked fine.

Any advice is most appreciated.

Fred 

Ah-hah. MSC Mode. Problem solved, thanks to this thread: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=25897 provided by Will.

Message Edited by SAscherl on 04-11-2009 09:35 AM

If your computer is running a freshly installed Windows XP, it has Windows Media Player 9. You need WMP 10 or 11 to work with the Sansa in MTP mode, which is probably why it wouldn’t connect. WMP is free from the Evil M$ Empire.

But I’ve never seen any reason to use WMP. It’s always trying to automate functions behind your back. MSC is My Sansa Choice. 

@black_rectangle wrote:

If your computer is running a freshly installed Windows XP, it has Windows Media Player 9. You need WMP 10 or 11 to work with the Sansa in MTP mode, which is probably why it wouldn’t connect. WMP is free from the Evil M$ Empire.

But I’ve never seen any reason to use WMP. It’s always trying to automate functions behind your back. MSC is My Sansa Choice. 

I’ve only gotten my Fuze to work with my Laptop with WMP 11, but that isn’t that much of a problem. I also do hate WMP a lot, since it annoys me a lot, and I do hate all the attempts that microsoft does to make life easier, because it ends up becoming increasingly annoying. Well, except XP.

long live Windows XP. Short live Vista.