Fuze Not Showing Music Files

Sorry if this has been posted but I did not see anything specifically related to my problem. I hook up my Fuze to the computer and the computer recognizes the player. I go into windows explorer, open the internal memory of the fuze and there are no song files. I can see the songs files on the removable disc. I click on the Fuze drive > properties and it shows the drive is full. I cannot see the song files at all. I have tried to defragment, check the drive for errors, tried MSC/Mtp and nothing. My player also shows only 132 songs where there used to be 500. Any ideas? Any questions and I will be happy to answer if more specifics are needed. Thanks.

Are you sure you have tried both modes? Do you have Windows Media Player 10 or 11 installed for the drivers to MTP mode?

Have you looked in other folders to see what’s filling up the disc? 

WMP 11 is up to date as I just updated the player not long ago. WMP tells me the disc is full as well. I do not have any photos, recordings or videos in any of the other folders.

Did you try to unhide folder settings in your computer?

Try this and try to reopen both modes and locate the Music files.

http://topaix.blogspot.com/2007/03/how-to-hide-and-unhide-folder-in.html

:wink: 

@drumbum25 wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted but I did not see anything specifically related to my problem. I hook up my Fuze to the computer and the computer recognizes the player. I go into windows explorer, open the internal memory of the fuze and there are no song files. I can see the songs files on the removable disc. I click on the Fuze drive > properties and it shows the drive is full. I cannot see the song files at all. I have tried to defragment, check the drive for errors, tried MSC/Mtp and nothing. My player also shows only 132 songs where there used to be 500. Any ideas? Any questions and I will be happy to answer if more specifics are needed. Thanks.

You do know that files loaded onto the player or card in one mode (MSC or MTP) cannot be seen or accessed on your computer while connected in the other mode, don’t you? That’s why it’s best to choose whichever mode best fits the way you will be using your player and stick with it. No switching back & forth. That’ll drive you nuts!

I would be tempted to format the thing and re-load all content in whichever mode you decide is best. See if they all show up then.

I will look at both modes and look to see if I can see the files plus try the link posted above. Now if I reformat the internal drive, that would erase the system files too wouldn’t it? I also tried downloading the new firmware and for some reason it wouldn’t download. I kept getting an error that the download failed.

drumbum25 wrote:
I will look at both modes and look to see if I can see the files plus try the link posted above. Now if I reformat the internal drive, that would erase the system files too wouldn’t it?

No, the firmware and/or system files are safe. Only the user-transferred content will go bye-bye.

I also tried downloading the new firmware and for some reason it wouldn’t download. I kept getting an error that the download failed.

Are you sure you’re downloading the right firmware for you version of player? Also, it may be an issue with your firewall and/or anti-virus software trying to protect you from ‘bad-stuff’ downloads. You may want to check your settings.