Music files vanish in Windows Explorer!

I just bought a 4GB Fuze with an 8GB memory card. All my songs show up fine on the device, but when I plug it in to the PC only half the song files are in the internal memory. The SD is empty so I don’t think that’s the issue (tried removing the card, no change).

Also, mp4s that I add to the video folder don’t show up on my Fuze at all. Don’t know if it’s related.

P.S. If it helps, only MSC mode works, and I have Windows XP SP3.

You must have been using Auto Defect mode at some point and it defaulted to MTP during at least one of your file transfer sessions. You can only see files on the device that were transferred in the same mode, so that would be why only half of them are showing up. If you can connect in MTP mode, I’ll bet you’d find the other half.

You must have been using Auto Defect mode at some point and it defaulted to MTP during at least one of your file transfer sessions. You can only see files on the device that were transferred in the same mode, so that would be why only half of them are showing up. If you can connect in MTP mode, I’ll bet you’d find the other half.

A format of the device will clear the memory of everything so you can re-load all your files in one USB mode.

You can’t just copy over videos, by the way. They have to go through Sansa Media Converter, Rhapsody or video4fuze .

I’m sorry, but still the thought of videos on a fuze is hilarious…:smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:

A format of the device will clear the memory of everything so you can re-load all your files in one USB mode.

Thanks, that makes sense because I may have added the songs in MTP; they were on a friend’s laptop.

So I can’t just add mp4 files to the video folder? Oh well. I’m installing SMC now and I’ll try it out. Thanks for all your help!

Message Edited by FZ on 07-04-2010 02:34 PM